Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 01-12-2013, 01:02 AM
LawnSite Member

I drive past your shop all the time going to bramble, what size is it?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-12-2013, 01:13 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

its 50x50 and has around a 2 acre yard space
Old 01-28-2013, 05:49 PM
LawnSite Member

I love the setup man. Its good to see young guys like me out there hustlin. That kind of setup doesn't come without working your ass off, that's for sure. Congrats and Good luck, sounds like you're on the right track. Hopefully I'll be there soon!

BTW, I'm not a Ford guy, but I love the Jeep pic. That's how I got started too. Love those Cherokees man! Mine's got 220k on the dash and still runnin like the day I got her. I let the gf drive her now cuz I don't like to let it sit (and there's nothing cuter than a girl in a Jeep).

You think about throwin a plow on it for small driveways? I love mine too much to put it through the stress..
Old 01-28-2013, 06:45 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

nice set up , your doing well , makes me wish I would have started younger in life. I actually have a question for you regarding your employees. How do you handle the workmans comp stuff , payroll all this stuff and still stay profitable , My guys seem to cost me more than they make me sometimes , and add in all the paperwork stuff its a nightmare , this single factor has kept my b usiness from growing larger , last year I had help problems and had to turn away a few very large accounts , so I guess just trying to see how you handle this stuff and if you have any advice. Thanks.
Old 01-28-2013, 08:37 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

bckydlbrjak - thanks for the compliments. I love my jeep and its still my daily driver outside of work. Its got 114,000 on it now so itll be around for a while hopefully. I have thought about getting another to do driveways but it just doesnt add up to me. If i ever did something like that Id get a tacoma which is what ill get after this probably for the bed space. Honestly we dont do enough plowing at the moment to worry about it. The money that i make off of that is just bonus/repair bills money.

Thornton- Starting young is defiantly the way to go since i dont have any living expenses in comparison to most of you guys. this enables me to reinvest alot into my company. our profit margin last year was VERY good and i dont think ill ever be able to break it. Payroll is done through a company as i dont want to hassle with ot or have the time being in school still and doing everything else i am. As far as it digging into my profitability as long as i have the capital saved up i dont worry about it. What i mean is that i look at it as the more i pay my guys the more i am making since they are out working making me more money. Now if you are constantly going into overtime every week you have an issue. I do realize this is a mojor issue for all in the spring when your cash is all out there on supplies, equiptment, payroll, and job invoices that have not been paid. hope this helps.
Old 02-10-2013, 07:48 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

just putting the finishing touches on the company's new website www.yelandscaping.com .... let me know what you guys think
Old 02-10-2013, 10:12 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrett Landscaping View Post
just putting the finishing touches on the company's new website www.yelandscaping.com .... let me know what you guys think
Your website is looking great. i wouldnt make the paragraph on the home page centered. Love your company picture with your trucks, equipment and warehouse. My website is under construction as well. Your doing a great job. Keep it up!

http://www.facebook.com/sticklelm

follow
http://www.twitter.com/sticklelm

visit
http://www.sticklelm.com

"Landscapes that stick out."
Old 02-10-2013, 11:38 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

thanks a lot stickle
Old 02-10-2013, 11:39 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrett Landscaping View Post
thanks a lot stickle
Anytime man
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-19-2013, 03:20 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Were landing lots of new clients for mowing and regular maintenance. The number of new landscape installs and renovations this year is through the roof as well. Our post cards this year have really paid off so far and its still early in the season. Anyone else having good luck with their mailers?