Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-11-2013, 02:57 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Never consider a company like United Payment Services, they have s $79 annual fee, $45/month fees & a 3 year contract with a $399 early termination fee.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-11-2013, 09:18 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashs inc View Post
we cut appros 25 lawns a day. nothing huge most are .25 acre. just looking for a better way to collect. chasing 25 checks a day gets expensive
Why not accumulate the work done for the month, send an Invoice at the end of the month that covers all word done during the month, and get one check against that Invoice?

I can't imagine chasing 25 checks per day! No wonder you want a better scheme. Charges for the cc processing services usually include a "per time" charge, plus a percentage of the charge. If you run a charge after every visit, you will generate much expense associated with the "per time" fees. If you wish to do cc payments, then use the service one time per month, with charges for the work done during the month.

I also can't imagine the cc swipes after each service. Very few of my customers are home when I make their property visit. Trying to get their card for a swipe on a Square reader (for example) would seem like a nightmare. Even many of the one-time visit customers are not home -- get a call, "cut my grass," I do the work, but the customer being at home at the time of my visit is very unlikely.

I have had some customers for years, and never laid eyes on them, let alone get physical access to their cc.
Old 01-12-2013, 01:27 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

If you do a search on here, this topic has been talked about before.

Get software that stores the card numbers, then charge them once per week for all services preformed.

Costs a little in fees, but it's well worth it, I save enough money and time by not going to the bank and post office daily to cover the small fee

Has to be one of the top 5 best choices I ever made for my company
Old 01-12-2013, 01:43 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I use intuit (go payment) I think its called . They have an app for android and send you a free card reader when you sign up. You can also key in cards. If im not mistaken customers have to sign it on your screen. You also want to be careful when storing customers credit card numbers they have to be stored in a secure location.
Posted via Mobile Device