Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-11-2013, 01:35 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Hey guys. Finishing up today as long as the rain holds off.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-11-2013, 07:56 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

We finished up yesterday. Much needed break is in the works.
Old 01-11-2013, 08:49 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Does anyone else like doing take downs more then installs? I would say our average $150 take down has been done in about 1.5 man hours. To me every house is a race from the second I pull up to see how long it will take to get back on the road.

Services-AutoCAD Landscape Design & Install, Maintenance, Landscape Lighting, HD Holiday Lighting, Masonry (Stone, Block, Brick, and Stucco), & Arborist Work

Accreditations & Memberships- BBB, TNLA, TPCL 611373, & Class 1 Nurserymen.

Market Niche- High end residential.

-http://plantscapesolutions.net/
Old 01-12-2013, 04:37 PM
LawnSite Member

Rain is killing us. After today we'll have about 18 left to go. Soooo close. Scattered rain today, a front moving in tomorrow that will bring colder weather and storms. Supposed to be chilly and rain most of next week. Of course by chilly I mean lows of 40s and highs in the 50s LOL.
Old 01-13-2013, 11:00 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

It's going to be the 60's today...then I think winter is going to settle in this week...my guys hustled it in the warm weather and everything is down..now we just have to take everything out of the shop and and organize the mess...
Old 01-14-2013, 05:47 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

ooh, 40's and 50's. wear your parka and long johns. we started at 14 today and topped out at 29, tomorrow will start at 19 and go to 37. have not checked in with the guys yet but hoping they got a bit done. I was looking forward to Wednesday with a high above 40. 5 guys today. I have noticed that takedowns really seems to encourage folks to stay home for some reason. I think since takedowns started we have had at least one guy out each day on average. but we still should finish up this week. really looking forward to closing the door on Christmas 2012 and turning off my head for 4 weeks.
Old 01-15-2013, 08:46 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Trying to finish by Saturday except for a few people that requested to stay up til the end of the month.

Rain has slowed us down a bit, I hate having to wait for everything to dry out in the warehouse before we put it away, makes for more work and a really cluttered warehouse.

Expecting snow tonite which will really mess up our take down schedule... almost made it thru with no major weather issues...
Old 01-16-2013, 05:12 PM
LawnSite Member

We are 99% finished!!!! One house that requested takedown after the 18th, and a house with lights on several VERY tall palm trees on the water that we had to wait for good, dry weather to take down. After that -- finished!!! Sun is actually out today -- still cold -- but warming up!!! Yesterday the high was 40 - and I was freezing all day . I know -- I'm a wimp -- but we Texans need sunshine and humidity!!
Old 01-16-2013, 08:40 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Done, but now I need to buy some steel racking for my 30 X 45 shop.

Services-AutoCAD Landscape Design & Install, Maintenance, Landscape Lighting, HD Holiday Lighting, Masonry (Stone, Block, Brick, and Stucco), & Arborist Work

Old 01-17-2013, 01:53 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I thought I would throw this out since a bunch of us are subscribed here. For the mixed wreaths it's probably a given that the HD units are hard to beat. The only unknown is how the LED longevity would be. It sure would be nice if HD would have enough faith in their lights to put a three season warranty on it. Three season is only about 750 hours.

Jason with Christmas Designers has faith and does the three year warranty but their Oregon style wreaths could use some steroids. Their garland and wreaths both need more density. I've been talking to Jason on this issue and they are working on some more premium material. I purchased most of my material from Jason this season.

My 60" 2011 HBL Oregon style wreath totally blows away my 60" CDI wreath. It would take about two CDI wreaths to equal my HBL wreath. CDI's Sherman, TX location where Jason works from is only 250 miles away so they have great shipping rates. My HBL wreath with G20 lights was about $100 more so I need to say this is not an apples to apples match on the price.

I have not purchased the GKI Bethlehem wreaths or garland that Dara (ccbydara.com) sells but their Oregon style material appears to be dense and full. I wanted to hear what you guys had to say on this topic as things wind down. I can also say that Jason's bows held up great and had no fading issues.