Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-12-2013, 09:12 PM
LawnSite Member

Best Quality Enclosed Trailers?

I have been thinking about going down to south Ga and pick up a trailer at one of the mfg. plants. One company will offer this and the next one will offer another option. Some will have off brand axles such as Lippert, AlCo and some made in China I guess. Some will have a 4" mainframe and some 6". Some will have a RV type side door with piano hinge. Some have 16" centers on frame and some 24". Some have a longer tongue on the front and I have seen some where the hitch looked no more than a foot or or so from the front of the trailer.
I would rather have a stronger built trailer with 6" mainframe, RV style side door, Dexter axles and 16OC supports with plywood not OSB. This would be a 7x16 trailer.
Also are the curved roof trailers better than the flat roof trailer? Are torsion axles work the money on a landscape trailer?
I know a lot of people don't like an enclosed trailer but I will probably use it for others things. They are bulky to pull.
Anyone have any do's and don't of buying a new trailer or good and bad experiences with different brands sold in the south?

Tags
covenant , cyclone , enclosed trailer , georgia