Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-13-2013, 11:50 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PR0 TURF View Post
Whiffy...you are saying that you feel having to mow with a hydraulic walk behind mower and a velke is grounds for leaving a company? You would not work for a company unless you were sitting on a mower all day?

What would you do if your employer asked you to pick up a shovel and dig a hole to plant a tree? I'm assuming you would quit because it should be done with an auger or excavator?
Oh yes that would be grounds for me leaving as well. I wouldn't have been there to begin with if all you used were walk behinds so switching would be all I needed to buy my own lazer and open my own lawn care company. The walk behind controls kill your hands and is future carpal tunnel and I do speak from experience on the hand and wrist pains. I have about 4000 hours on walk behinds granted I have about 8000 on ZTRs no way I'd go back. What I notice is when I worked for an old boss that used walk-behinds we called it quits after 8-9 hours completely exhausted. With my own ZTRs I go 10-12 hours and come home less tired.

Not saying thats going to be an issue for you unless you have some capable leaders in your company in which case you may spawn some new companies.