Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-13-2013, 12:56 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Toro Turfmaster Vs. Exmark Commercial 30"

I was wondering if anyone has any new info on these two mowers. I recently saw them both at a landscape expo(Congress). Here is what I found out.

Both have identical motors, decks, drive trains.

The Toro has a two point height adjustment, where the exmark has individual wheels, that come off to change the height much like the 21" model.

The control/bail on the exmark is a traditional style(blades on top and drive on bottom. The Toro has a single lower bail that controls both, it slides sideways slightly which engages the blades and the drive, or you leave it and it controls just the drive. So both mowers can run in drive without the blades engaged which is a big plus for this size/type of mower.

The front wheels an the exmark stick out from the deck slightly in the front, where the Toro's are more part of the deck.

The Toro was priced at $1850.00, the Exmark wasn't priced but the rep there said it would be slightly more then the Toro. Keep in mind I live in Canada, so U.S. prices will likely be less.

Overall, both seem very well built, very solid, but seem relatively maneuverable despite there size/weight of approx 170-180 lbs, which isn't too bad considering the pro-line and exmark 21" are about 115lbs.

I will be getting a Toro for sure, mainly because dealer is closer, and will gladly share my experiences when I get it. I hope this information helps and please add your comment/updates for these mower as you come across them.

Thanks.

Tags
exmark 30" , toro turfmaster