Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 01-13-2013, 10:53 PM
LawnSite Member

Lesco Fertilizer Now Blended By Shaw's

We liked lesco products but will be thinking twice after this this move by lesco and John Deere Landscape.

This is the problems we have had with Shaw's in the past and we know we are not the only ones that have had problems with Shaw's products.

We bought a semi load of 30-0-10 50% XRT this product did more damage then good to our lawns lots of burned lawns. We used this product and also a 50% Ploy coated lesco product and a 60% uflexx spring valley product all applications where made at same time frame and by the same applicators. The only product that burned lawns was the Shaws XRT product. This happened on Irrigated lawns and with in 4 days of the application being made. The Shaws rep came out and said it was not bad product even though our sale rep from our supplier said he had more then us have failure of the product and that Shaw's Rep said the same thing to others. Even after many emails to Mark Shaw the response we got was its not the product. He also could not understand why we would have been even using the lesco and the spring valley product at the same time guess he could not explain why only their product burned and their competitors products didn't. WELL MARK SHAW YOUR PRODUCT FAILED AND THE OTHER TWO DIDN'T'T WE WILL NEVER BUY SHAWS PRODUCTS AGAIN .

Buyers beware Shaws is now the blender for all LESCO / JOHN DEERE FERTILIZER PRODUCTS effective Jan 2013
Old 01-14-2013, 08:35 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I'm subscribing to see what the consensus end up to be. I use lesco products....

What other suppliers are out there?
Old 01-26-2013, 04:17 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Can you post some weblinks to substantiate this claim?

I used to use JDL stuff and liked it, but our dealer went out of biz and I motated over to Reinders and don't plan on leaving anytime soon.
21" Toro SR4 Super Recycler
Stihl KM90 Kombi w/ straight shaft trimmer & tiller heads
Husqvarna 125B Blower
PG Magnum
Turfco XT5 Aerator
Turfco LS-22 Overseeder
EcoLawn 200 Applicator

I can do all things through Him who gives me strength.
Philippians 4:13
Old 01-26-2013, 09:29 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

I asked the local dealer about the switch and they did switch mfg's. Said it is made per lesco's specs so it will be the same. Of course if said mfg screws up it won't be the same.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-27-2013, 04:33 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by djagusch View Post
I asked the local dealer about the switch and they did switch mfg's. Said it is made per lesco's specs so it will be the same. Of course if said mfg screws up it won't be the same.
Posted via Mobile Device
Oh yea... remember when J#D/? Said after ther$ Lesco and said it would beer sammme as llleeessscccooo!!!! REMEMBER°!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-27-2013, 04:35 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

That's why you loose $$$$
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-28-2013, 06:48 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by djagusch View Post
Posted via Mobile Device
I have tried several different mfg in the past and have rarely seen a fert produced as clean or with as little dust as TCS. I think jdl is in for some problems switching to regional mfgrs.
Old 02-06-2013, 07:39 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

If some of these other blenders (Shaws, etc) were capable of blending TCS-quality fertilizer, wouldn't they have been doing it already? What "specs" could JDL possibly be giving them, considering that TCS would have owned the "specs," not JDL.

That's like selling your BMW and telling your KIA salesman that you want your new car to be just like the BMW...
Old 02-06-2013, 08:42 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWTurfguy View Post
If some of these other blenders (Shaws, etc) were capable of blending TCS-quality fertilizer, wouldn't they have been doing it already? What "specs" could JDL possibly be giving them, considering that TCS would have owned the "specs," not JDL.

That's like selling your BMW and telling your KIA salesman that you want your new car to be just like the BMW...
They do blend home owner fert

http://www.knoxfert.com/consumer_bra...rden/gro-fine/

Charles Cue
Old 02-06-2013, 08:56 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

How inspiring...