The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-14-2013, 11:54 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I will always use guards on trimmers.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-14-2013, 04:27 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

personally I wear pants all year long but same as you, my guards are ALWAYS on the trimmers. in fact guards and other safety devices are ALWAYS in use for every piece of equipment. yes that includes the discharge chute when no bagger is attached.
Old 01-16-2013, 06:32 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I wear pants. I also wear long sleeved shirts. I wear a hat with a big brim on it too. I hide from the sun, die in the heat, but avoid skin cancer. It works for me.
Old 01-16-2013, 07:01 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by THORNTON SERVICES LLC View Post
do you guys that wear shorts have guards on your trimmers? I use to wear shorts when I started out but when I took the guards off the trimmers I had to go back to jeans because of the damage to my legs from weeds etc , I am still in the air on the trimmer thing is it better and faster without the guard ? to me it seems faster with the longer strings without guard on those hill side trimming jobs etc. So I go with jeans , but they do get uncomfratable in summer. Whats your opinion on this?
I can tell you that when not if but when you or an employee get injured and you don't have all your guards on your equipt your insurance company won't pay the claim. they will investigate and ask said employee are the proper safety guides in place? The employee WILL throw you under the bus. I supply all proper PPE and maintain all equip with proper safety guides.
Old 01-16-2013, 10:21 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cedar Lawn Care View Post
I wear pants. I also wear long sleeved shirts. I wear a hat with a big brim on it too. I hide from the sun, die in the heat, but avoid skin cancer. It works for me.
I'm one of those guys who would rather be as comfortable as possible and have as much fun in live as possible.

I don't spend time trying to stay 100% healthy. I'd rather die young having fun and doing what I wanna do than spend part of my life trying to dodge every disease out there just to try and live longer.

if I get skin cancer from wearing short sleeve shirts and no hats and die, at least I died cool and comfortable.
Old 01-16-2013, 10:48 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgaengineer View Post
Sometimes I just wear a thong and flip flops.
Posted via Mobile Device

I tried that one time and everyone freaked out....... apparently the skinny part goes in the back? Had me confused for sure
Old 01-16-2013, 11:04 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstifel View Post
I tried that one time and everyone freaked out....... apparently the skinny part goes in the back? Had me confused for sure
now that right there is funny!
Old 01-17-2013, 10:22 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpllawncare View Post
I can tell you that when not if but when you or an employee get injured and you don't have all your guards on your equipt your insurance company won't pay the claim. they will investigate and ask said employee are the proper safety guides in place? The employee WILL throw you under the bus. I supply all proper PPE and maintain all equip with proper safety guides.
yea i get what you are saying my guys tend to take them off they do not like them , cannot get underneath deck steps around gas meters etc , I put them out with guards on them and they disapear so if that happens Im certainly not going to get to cranky about it , its hard to keep good help. It is faster without a guard on open space trimming , but for normal trimming im not shure it makes a difference. Thanks for the advice though , sometimes you always forget to think about that kind of stuff till it kicks you in the but.
Old 01-23-2013, 08:45 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Wow

to the guys that....

1) dont wear long pants
2)Dont wear good work boots
3) A tank top?? what is this, Kentucky??? lol

Its sad that some of these people call themselves (professionals).... lol
Old 01-23-2013, 08:47 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

How is wearing shorts not professional? Its not like im wearing jean cutoffs. Lmao. khaki/cargo shorts.
Posted via Mobile Device