Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-14-2013, 04:34 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

I hope you guys are happy. I deleted my plus page cause it was merged with my local page.
Old 01-14-2013, 06:58 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duekster View Post
I hope you guys are happy. I deleted my plus page cause it was merged with my local page.
Which is what you're supposed to do if you're a Service Area Business with a hidden or "does not receive customers" address.

https://productforums.google.com/for...ue/MI5yJcP1pJ8
Old 01-14-2013, 09:28 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonygreek View Post
Which is what you're supposed to do if you're a Service Area Business with a hidden or "does not receive customers" address.

https://productforums.google.com/for...ue/MI5yJcP1pJ8
I just verified my google place and places this week by, well, tricking the system. They would not let me enter a PO box #, so I put the physical address of the post office, plus the box number. I was able to verify and it did pop up in some local listings. Though, I have a feeling you're going to tell me that will hurt in the long run.
Old 01-14-2013, 10:51 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by New2TheGreenIndustry View Post
I just verified my google place and places this week by, well, tricking the system. They would not let me enter a PO box #, so I put the physical address of the post office, plus the box number. I was able to verify and it did pop up in some local listings. Though, I have a feeling you're going to tell me that will hurt in the long run.
Well, there are two components to this...

The USPS did change to allow street addressing instead of the usual PO Box convention, although last I knew, you had to specifically sign up for the service. Regardless, these addresses are prohibited once we hit the Google guidelines.

Re: your Google account, that's not an uncommon maneuver by any means, but usually their algorithm catches it and sends you to "pending review" purgatory. Since you were verified, the next worry is Google eventually cross-checking the address and closing your account. I'm surprised your address, which is plainly obvious when searching it, was not caught.

For an interesting read re: the abuses, and subsequent consequences that hit an entire industry, just search: google local locksmith
Old 01-14-2013, 01:05 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Since you were verified, the next worry is Google eventually cross-checking the address and closing your account.
Or, if you have local competition on here, they point it out to google along with a link to this thread just to get you pages flagged.
Old 01-14-2013, 02:37 PM
LawnSite Member

i had my google local page verified about 1 week ago and it is still not showiing up.
zawadzki Landscaping darien.
it does not show up for anything unless i search for it on the map with exact name of the business and city.

any advise of helping it get listed.

Zawadzki Landscaping
ZawadzkiLandscaping.com
http://www.facebook.com/ZawadzkiLandscaping
https://plus.google.com/b/1140138606...46271189/posts
Old 01-14-2013, 03:46 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by krzys555 View Post
i had my google local page verified about 1 week ago and it is still not showiing up.
It's out there, and I do see it in the results, it's just not ranking yet. Like anything else index-related, give it some time and make sure you've optimized it as best you can.

Re: optimization, you might want to watch out for keyword stuffing on your web site. I see 24 and 25 home page references to Stamford and Darien, as well as your footer is a textbook case of stuffing. Also, your county is spelled wrong, in the home page content.
Old 01-14-2013, 03:53 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
It's out there, and I do see it in the results, it's just not ranking yet. Like anything else index-related, give it some time and make sure you've optimized it as best you can.

Re: optimization, you might want to watch out for keyword stuffing on your web site. I see 24 and 25 home page references to Stamford and Darien, as well as your footer is a textbook case of stuffing. Also, your county is spelled wrong, in the home page content.
thanks for the info. i wasn't sure if google local gets posted right away or not.

thanks for the spelling mistake as well.

any good website that you recommend for optimizing google local?
i never knew that putting in town names was stuffing. i was thinking it was more for terms such as lawn care ect. as well i was not aware the footer was taken into the count. my assumption was it was only the page contents, that was considered for search results.

Tags
engine , google , rank , search , seo