Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-14-2013, 05:52 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbell36 View Post
ha, so where's the OP at? are we helping any or have you now decided to switch professions?
I was catching upping on my I take it the TorqueFlite's 707 and 906 were before your time and no I'm not changing occupations anytime soon.
Old 01-14-2013, 06:22 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
ha, so where's the OP at? are we helping any or have you now decided to switch professions?
OP as in the Original Poster, the guy who started the thread, i wonder if he has given up on us yet...
Old 01-14-2013, 09:08 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
OP as in the Original Poster, the guy who started the thread, i wonder if he has given up on us yet...
Oh no buddy I was catching up on my zzzzzzzzzz's too!!! Sounds like someone get into it hah? Lol
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by Kleen Kutz; 01-14-2013 at 09:13 AM.
Old 01-14-2013, 01:50 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapper Jack View Post
I was catching upping on my I take it the TorqueFlite's 707 and 906 were before your time and no I'm not changing occupations anytime soon.
You mean 727 right... I had more problems with my Fords trans. over the Dodges I owned in the past 8 years.
Old 01-14-2013, 08:11 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

My uncle is service manager at a large ford dealership. His best friend of 30 years owns a GM dealership, and his son is Vise president of large dodge dealer. HE got me few facts from those three over the weekend. This is based on 2011 models as 12 are still out and 13's are starting to sell. 3/4 diesels is what he opted on. Ford has been by far more trouble-some than the other two. Anything from the engine to tranny problems and he doesn't like the idea of lifting the cab away from the bed to fix. The dodge had less probelms on the engine. It is proven over time. Although there were some issues and more trannies than anything else. GM faired the best. Least ammount of work done on a Dmax and tranny. He said those they seen were messing around and uncalled for. My uncles took all there records from 50 serviced trucks that came in with issues for 2011 model year. Maybe that year was better for some and worse for others. In my area most 3/4 tons are hooked to a 5th wheel livestock trailer or some sort of concrete, conscrtuction business. So they wanted to see where the problems were (type of work there doing) vs the farmer coming into town for coffee and sitting at the livestock auction (as my uncle called them , Ice Cream Trucks)

So whatever this tid bit of info is worth to you but my uncle is still Die Hard FORD!
Old 01-14-2013, 09:28 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I don't care one way or another, my dad was a diehard ford guy and I'm a diehard ford guy, if it breaks I fix it that simple, if it breaks a lot I sell it and buy a bigger one so as not to put as much strain on it. Most guys around here use 250's, very few dodge's a few chevys and a few GMC's but the majority by far are 250's
Old 01-15-2013, 09:50 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by meets1 View Post
My uncle is service manager at a large ford dealership. His best friend of 30 years owns a GM dealership, and his son is Vise president of large dodge dealer. HE got me few facts from those three over the weekend. This is based on 2011 models as 12 are still out and 13's are starting to sell. 3/4 diesels is what he opted on. Ford has been by far more trouble-some than the other two. Anything from the engine to tranny problems and he doesn't like the idea of lifting the cab away from the bed to fix. The dodge had less probelms on the engine. It is proven over time. Although there were some issues and more trannies than anything else. GM faired the best. Least ammount of work done on a Dmax and tranny. He said those they seen were messing around and uncalled for. My uncles took all there records from 50 serviced trucks that came in with issues for 2011 model year. Maybe that year was better for some and worse for others. In my area most 3/4 tons are hooked to a 5th wheel livestock trailer or some sort of concrete, conscrtuction business. So they wanted to see where the problems were (type of work there doing) vs the farmer coming into town for coffee and sitting at the livestock auction (as my uncle called them , Ice Cream Trucks)

So whatever this tid bit of info is worth to you but my uncle is still Die Hard FORD!
hmmm, that's very interesting...it seems like ford has had a great truck since the 2011 (6.7L) came out, i honestly haven't heard any issues...from '03-'10 there were issues but that was mainly because of Navistar, not Ford, since there were so many problems ford eventually cut them off and made everything "in house." the consensus on the GM's seems the same, never any major problems, still my least favorite of the 3 tho...the dodge's 6.7 cummins from what i hear is basically a 5.9 with emissions on it...the 5.9 is probably the most proven diesel out there, actually, there is no probably about it, it's still wrapped in a dodge tho...with that said, i hear dodge is making huge improvements from rust problems to better interior...it will be interesting to see who has the best truck in the near future, it seems like all of them are making a lot of improvements...

not sure about the others, but it looks like GM is doing an undercoating for all of their new trucks to prevent rust, great idea...

what i don't like about the new fords is you have to lift the cab for any major work...they also have urea...it is the heaviest truck too, not sure i like that, kills MPG's...everything about the ford is heavy, even the doors and tailgate are much heavier than my friends GM, just seems unnecessary...

i'm still a ford guy
Old 01-15-2013, 01:07 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

So far sounds like Chevy don't have problems like Dodge of Ford trucks. :-{)
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-15-2013, 01:42 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Go dodge! Hoping to add another ram to my fleet this year.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-15-2013, 03:20 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleen Kutz View Post
So far sounds like Chevy don't have problems like Dodge of Ford trucks. :-{)
Posted via Mobile Device

If you like rust this is true. Haha
00 chevy 3500 dump
03 dodge dakota
4 ferris wb
1 ferris ztr
2 exmark ztr
lesco spreader sprayer stand on
case 1845
western plows