Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools   Display Modes
  #61  
Old 01-15-2013, 06:38 PM
Jimslawncareservice Jimslawncareservice is online now
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: mn
Posts: 3,967
The link provided above for the exmarks sure seems out of line. The snappers seem high. The navigator is way over priced.
Posted via Mobile Device
  #62  
Old 01-15-2013, 06:39 PM
Jimslawncareservice Jimslawncareservice is online now
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: mn
Posts: 3,967
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl G View Post
That was for the 54 inch deck and like I said 2 years ago. It's New England Power Equipment in Old Saybrook, CT. I don't have their number handy. I don't do business with them unless I need parts for my tractor.
I'll look it and get a quote.
Posted via Mobile Device
  #63  
Old 01-15-2013, 06:41 PM
weaver weaver is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimslawncareservice View Post
The link provided above for the exmarks sure seems out of line. The snappers seem high. The navigator is way over priced.
Posted via Mobile Device
I bet alot of guys who go out to buy this spring will be suprised on price increases.. Those dear prices you posted do sound good though..
  #64  
Old 01-15-2013, 06:48 PM
weaver weaver is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,135
Norwalk still has good prices on there stuff,but you have sign up for there account to see the prices...

http://www.norwalkpower.net/store/pc...owers-c178.htm
  #65  
Old 01-15-2013, 06:52 PM
Jimslawncareservice Jimslawncareservice is online now
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: mn
Posts: 3,967
Quote:
Originally Posted by weaver View Post
I bet alot of guys who go out to buy this spring will be suprised on price increases.. Those dear prices you posted do sound good though..
Those were prices I got at green EXPO last week. Scag cheetah was 10,200 to 11,600 depending on engine option. I believe the deere 960m without the flex forks and mod deck was 11700 or close to that. A grass hopper with a 52" deck, cab and broom was 21000. I looked at exmark but didn't get prices because I know I.won't buy another z turn from them unless its a navigator.
Posted via Mobile Device
  #66  
Old 01-15-2013, 06:56 PM
Fwilamosky Fwilamosky is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Columbus Ohio
Posts: 280
i didn't read all through this thread, but read the most. I too have noticed that exmark has been pricing themselves out my range and a lot around here. I mean sure they are reliable and leave a great cut, but they're not the only machine out there that can do that. I personally have a 48in snapper pro sw30 bought last year for 4100 including a bagger and a 61in bobcat procat 26 hp (i believe) for around 7800. bought leave a great cut and if want that extra deep stripe then buy a striping kit for a couple hundred. Just my 2 cents
__________________
2007 GMC Sierra
2011 Bobcat 61in Procat
48in Snapper Pro WB
26in Exmark Metro
Honda Push Mowers
Stihl Trimmers
BR-600 Blowers

O-H-...
Not my President
  #67  
Old 01-15-2013, 06:57 PM
jrs.landscaping's Avatar
jrs.landscaping jrs.landscaping is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Maine
Posts: 2,406
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl G View Post
My dealer wanted almost $15k for a 925A with the MOD deck and 3 bag bagger 2 years ago and claimed that was steeply discounted, lol. And I said probably Jim, I don't think you can call BS on that.
That's close to what we paid for our 997 with DFS bagger.
__________________
  #68  
Old 01-15-2013, 06:59 PM
weaver weaver is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,135
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrs.landscaping View Post
That's close to what we paid for our 997 with DFS bagger.
That's the diesel version isn't it?
  #69  
Old 01-15-2013, 07:01 PM
Fwilamosky Fwilamosky is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Columbus Ohio
Posts: 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by weaver View Post
What would be another option? Scag doesn't make a floating deck anymore do they? I guess Ferris...
snapper pro makes a 36in floating deck, that's what i'm leaning to adding this year
__________________
2007 GMC Sierra
2011 Bobcat 61in Procat
48in Snapper Pro WB
26in Exmark Metro
Honda Push Mowers
Stihl Trimmers
BR-600 Blowers

O-H-...
Not my President
  #70  
Old 01-15-2013, 07:26 PM
doobs41378 doobs41378 is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fwilamosky View Post
i didn't read all through this thread, but read the most. I too have noticed that exmark has been pricing themselves out my range and a lot around here. I mean sure they are reliable and leave a great cut, but they're not the only machine out there that can do that. I personally have a 48in snapper pro sw30 bought last year for 4100 including a bagger and a 61in bobcat procat 26 hp (i believe) for around 7800. bought leave a great cut and if want that extra deep stripe then buy a striping kit for a couple hundred. Just my 2 cents
Was that Snapper brand new for that price?
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:46 AM.

Page generated in 0.06961 seconds with 9 queries