Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 01-15-2013, 08:22 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Question on Nightscaping transformer

So I pulled out an old 1000 watt, Nightscaping transformer out of my attic that I took off of a job a couple years back. I am installing some lights out behind my house in my back trees. I figuired I would use this transformer but I am running into an issue and just wondered if any of you have seen it. I pulled all the old 25 amp fustats, and replaced them with 20 amp ones to have fresh ones in there (it's all I could find at Lowes). I hooked up my runs, but only the runs on the C and D lugs lit up. I pulled out my meter and tested all the lugs. When I turn off A and B all of the terminal colored voltage blocks seem to work as they should. When I turn ON A and B the blue and yellow lugs read 25 volts. The runs on A and B do not light up (although A and B lugs do register Voltage at the lugs.) Kind of strange, says I. It's dark and I am inside now, so I will have to check it out further tomorrow sometime, but thought I would send this out to see if any of you have any thoughts.

Thanks,

Tim Ryan
Lite4 Outdoor Lighting
www.lite-4.com
Old 01-15-2013, 09:29 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Never have run into that... they do have a lifetime warranty to the original owner, whatever that may be worth...
Old 01-15-2013, 11:28 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Tim, makes sure you only use Buss Type S 25Amp fustats in that transformer. Each size of Buss Fustat has a slightly different shaped base, and they are tapered. This is to stop someone from using the wrong size of fustat. Also dont even try to install a D or P type of fuse as you will muck up the sockets.

I don't know what to say about the odd output readings you are getting... but start with the right fustats and then try again. If the internals are messed up I am pretty sure you would get a warranty replacement if you asked.

www.integralighting.com

www.facebook.com/INTEGRA.Lighting

Affiliations: IESNA, IALD, IDA, AOLP, LO, MBA