Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 01-08-2013, 02:54 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan41 View Post
I just looked it up. I have to travel to Madison to take the test. I was told i am able to buy a video that goes over everything so all i have to do is show up and take the test.
Is the test difficult?
Ryan, you will need to purchase the training manual regardless if you buy the DVD. Read the manual. 40% of the people that take the test fail. reason being they did not read the manual. if you have a hard time learning from just reading the manual there are sites online where you can make your own tests and study that way. The manual is $45.00.

If you are a wisconsin veteran the state will waive your license fee one time. this will help you financially to get your business going.

The maunual will teach you a lot. there is also a lot of stuff in the book that just boils down to common sense. my best advice to you is buy the manual, read it, and get properly licensed. the cost of this is well worth it to become a professional.
Old 01-16-2013, 06:05 PM
LawnSite Member

Manual - $45
Individual License - $54/yr - for the employee doing apps
Business License - $108/yr - for the business doing the apps

So as a solo you would have $162/yr for your licenses. Add $54/yr for each employee.
The test is not hard but like said above you must read and study. The amt of time you need to study depends on your ability to retain info. The manual is really efficient. At the beginning of each chapter it has bold points that will be on the test. I read those and then when reading chapter I highlighted the info that correlated to the bold points at beginning of chapter and then for study just concentrated on what was highlighted. I took mine at a state building in Green Bay.

Swampy hit it on the head the main focus is to teach you to read a label I was upset about that as I was hoping to learn more about the actual product and how it works for certain situations.

Tags
pesticide applicator