Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-15-2013, 12:36 AM
LawnSite Member

Zero down time programs

What have you guys seen work as the best zero down time program? Is it free or do you pay extra for it?
Old 01-15-2013, 12:55 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

What are you talking about?
Old 01-15-2013, 01:03 AM
LawnSite Member

Last year I got a toro mx4260 for 2985 with 36 months @ 0 %. That was a steal. They go for 3995 around my area. Monthly payment is 82 bucks. Can't beat that at all.
Old 01-15-2013, 12:38 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Most of the dealers do it I know mine does on any mowers or bigger equipment purchased their It lasts aslong as the warranty does
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-16-2013, 09:06 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

The most convenient and cheapest in the long run is a good used gear drive walk behind to replace your machine while it's out of service.
Old 01-16-2013, 09:32 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I think he's talking about dealers that provide you with loaner equipment while yours is in for service with them. My first equipment dealer did that, but they went out of business due to death of the owner. It was free, but you had to be a loyal customer. They had a bunch of older mowers that they'd loan out. They weren't pretty but they were mechanically sound. None of the smaller dealers around me do that...they just don't have the room to store a fleet of loaners. There is a large dealer that does, which is fact where I bought my Lazer, but they're about a 40 minute ride and they have a pretty high employee turnover rate, so they tend to screw things up a lot...thus I stopped going there. They mean well, but you can't really depend on them. I'd rather go to a small dealer with a stable staff, even if they don't have a zero down time policy.
Old 01-16-2013, 09:46 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl G View Post
I think he's talking about dealers that provide you with loaner equipment while yours is in for service with them. My first equipment dealer did that, but they went out of business due to death of the owner. It was free, but you had to be a loyal customer. They had a bunch of older mowers that they'd loan out. They weren't pretty but they were mechanically sound. None of the smaller dealers around me do that...they just don't have the room to store a fleet of loaners. There is a large dealer that does, which is fact where I bought my Lazer, but they're about a 40 minute ride and they have a pretty high employee turnover rate, so they tend to screw things up a lot...thus I stopped going there. They mean well, but you can't really depend on them. I'd rather go to a small dealer with a stable staff, even if they don't have a zero down time policy.
Is this certain dealer that you don't go to anymore down the road from Dairy Queen and McDonald's?

PlowSite-SnowFakers
Old 01-16-2013, 10:07 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

They're near a big tree...all I'm gonna say. Good people and good prices but I like the smaller shops better. My Exmark dealer now is Hall's Power Equipment in Haddam...I've known them for 15 years...used to work in the office building next door to them. My Shindaiwa/Echo dealer is Saybrook Lawn and Power and my go-to shop for about anything and anything when I'm in a bind is Taylor Rental in Westbrook, who is also my Husqvarna dealer. Halls and Saybrook Lawn & Power rank high on my list partly because they stock most commonly needed parts for what they sell. Taylor Rental actually has a lot of older Exmark parts because they bought out the remaining inventor for the dealer that died and if they can help me with something they will, whether it's something they sell or not. I used to do a lot of business with another nearby shop but you can't even get spare fuel filter or air filter for a new machine at time of purchase anymore...gotta order just about everything.
Old 01-17-2013, 07:57 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl G View Post
They're near a big tree...all I'm gonna say. Good people and good prices but I like the smaller shops better. My Exmark dealer now is Hall's Power Equipment in Haddam...I've known them for 15 years...used to work in the office building next door to them. My Shindaiwa/Echo dealer is Saybrook Lawn and Power and my go-to shop for about anything and anything when I'm in a bind is Taylor Rental in Westbrook, who is also my Husqvarna dealer. Halls and Saybrook Lawn & Power rank high on my list partly because they stock most commonly needed parts for what they sell. Taylor Rental actually has a lot of older Exmark parts because they bought out the remaining inventor for the dealer that died and if they can help me with something they will, whether it's something they sell or not. I used to do a lot of business with another nearby shop but you can't even get spare fuel filter or air filter for a new machine at time of purchase anymore...gotta order just about everything.
I swore off the dealer near the tree because I was looking to purchase a turf tracer they had on the lot and couldn't get the time of day from them. I have taken all my business G&H and used to go to a dealer in Branford who went under. He was a Toro dealer and got me some really good prices on all the exmark stuff. I really wish he was still around
Posted via Mobile Device