Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-17-2013, 12:58 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

My opinion on thus bonus program for equipment etc.. is its more trouble than its worth.. like someone mentioned your trying to micromanage yourself too much.. pay your guys a good fair wage based on experience, knowledge, productiveness.. part of taking care of equipment should be mandatory... You should allow time for taking care of equip.
I used to work for a guy who didn't ever wanna allow extra time for maint on stuff, but somehow when it broke down it was the techs fault.. Funny he wanted to start an "incentive " program too.. but his program started deducting from your pay for each "point" you got for something wrong.. example.. a service call was 10 points.. no matter what the call was for...

The best bonus plan I have seen or been on was a production bonus.. anything you got over your daily quota was banked on the production board.. once you hit a days quota in the bank you could take a friday off without using personal time or cash it in for 10% of the total in pay.. quota was 1100 a day so you could get an extra 110.00 on your check if you wanted.. Now if you kept coming up short you had to work a Saturday once you hit 800 short in the bank.

Rain days or weather related days didn't count against you either. Nor personal days you were sick or what not..
Posted via Mobile Device

Tags
employee pay