Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-16-2013, 10:44 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I agree that it is the best thing out there for the price.

It is just sad that it isn't that great and has many bugs for being out here for years. How sad is it that software companies haven't woken up to us as industry. HVAC, Electricians, Plumbers all of them have tons of different options. We have very few. We need something that will work for small guys and large guys. No one said that 1 piece of software had to do everything in your business. But at least have the things that you do do, and do them right.
Old 01-16-2013, 11:42 PM
LawnSite Member

I just signed up for SAP a week and a half ago... long learning curve with their latest update, but they haven't updated a lot of their videos. I see the potential, but thank god I signed up in the winter when I'm not as busy!
The less fun hand stuff...
Old 01-17-2013, 01:44 AM
LawnSite Member

I signed up last week as well and honestly I see a lot of potential in SAP. I do understand why companies that have been with them for awhile or larger operations are ready to see important functions operate flawlessly. And I agree, there are definitely some bugs. But, I can tell you whats made me feel comfidenent with my choice to go with SAP is email conversation I had with Jonathan yesterday morning at 2am, trying to make sure my problems are resolved that I've had setting things up. I appreciate knowing another business owner is working as hard as I am on their product. So far I've had pretty good support for all my problems.

Beyond that, the actual setting up of the system is definitely time consuming. But I look at it as an investment. Do the work now, to simply life once I'm busy. So far, I recommend the software.
Old 01-17-2013, 07:34 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

For the guys who are using it now, did you sign up for website, quickbooks, client portal and extra user?
Old 01-17-2013, 11:15 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLC1 View Post
For the guys who are using it now, did you sign up for website, quickbooks, client portal and extra user?
Just quickbooks for me. I do my own website and haven't heard very many good things on client portal.
Old 01-17-2013, 12:02 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Client portal and website but I'm about to drop the website and do it myself. If you take credit cards, the client portal is a great tool.
Old 01-17-2013, 02:30 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

After looking through the site and watching videos, I was kind of under the impression that using the site helped gel everything together. If someone went to the site and filled out a form it sent it to software saying you need to follow up and so forth.

For the client portal, will it show the client history so they can go back and see if they missed a payment? Instead of sending out a statement, we can tell them to go check their account online.

I assume the QB is a must.

I would like to allow a manager or office assistant on so the extra user would be nice.

If you're going to do a couple of them you might as well do all at some point because you basically get one free. I have a nice site now that does very well with SEO and all but I could cut the costs of hosting that as well.

Just more thoughts.
Old 01-17-2013, 02:44 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

You can integrate your own website where it will dump all your leads and contacts into the software as well. And, yes, they can see their account history in the portal.
Old 01-17-2013, 07:23 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I also signed up a few days ago. Way too early to make any comments. Obviously I am very optimistic about what it will do for my business. i wont be using the scheduling for a couple months so it will give me time to get familiar with it.

I am currently having my website redone and will put the client portal and contact me from SA on the front page.
Old 01-20-2013, 08:29 PM
LawnSite Member

I am having trouble syncing SAC with QuickBooks Online, We are using all Macs. Does this feature work with macs?