Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 01-17-2013, 08:01 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DA Quality Lawn & YS View Post
I saw that Z Rackable unit. Looks less intimidating than their larger units, but I still would not use those on small lawns. I would think the Ground Logic is much more effective on small lawns.
Why? I would think the steering of the 36r would make it more effective just with that feature.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-17-2013, 09:07 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
I saw that Z Rackable unit. Looks less intimidating than their larger units, but I still would not use those on small lawns. I would think the Ground Logic is much more effective on small lawns.
The Z is only intimidating if you make it that way, I put my Z on every size lawn never seem to have a problem. Ground Logic might be easier to handle for beginners but don't believe it's more effective on small lawns.
Old 01-17-2013, 09:57 AM
LawnSite Member

Is it the weight that you feel is an issue? What I don't like about many of the machines on the market is the systems they use to power the drive the spray and throw the fert. Most have 2 belts and a series of pulleys. Try keeping evertihng tight and in line. On the z spray everything is independent with no belts and pulleys. Guess I really don't care for belts and pulleys.
Old 01-17-2013, 10:34 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Service 1st Lawn Care View Post
The Z is only intimidating if you make it that way, I put my Z on every size lawn never seem to have a problem. Ground Logic might be easier to handle for beginners but don't believe it's more effective on small lawns.
I agree!

We still have a MAX and it can do a 3K lawn just as fast as a GL.
Now you get it on a 10 ac property and the only place it really gains is less filling. It is a lil wider too but you also are not comparing apples to apples. The GL is more comparable to a JR.

Once you have any ride on unloaded I think they perform about about the same on most lawns.

As stated above...the Z in not really intimidating on a small lawn it just has a much higher learning curve and the main reason we switched from Z's to GL's is they are smaller, more agile and can go on a reese rack.
Old 01-17-2013, 02:38 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

That's what I am talking about, Ground Logic type are more agile. Z's just seem to me like they would be a bull in china shop on smaller resi lawns.

When I get on a 5k sq ft lawn, I only want a pattern that is about 6 ft wide and can trim real nice. Seems like the Z's tout that they can spray like 16 ft wide (or some such number). But can that pattern be trimmed WAY down for smaller lawns? Someone fill me in, esp regarding the rackable Z.
21" Toro SR4 Super Recycler
Stihl KM90 Kombi w/ straight shaft trimmer & tiller heads
Husqvarna 125B Blower
PG Magnum
Turfco XT5 Aerator
Turfco LS-22 Overseeder
EcoLawn 200 Applicator

I can do all things through Him who gives me strength.
Philippians 4:13
Old 01-17-2013, 04:31 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
That's what I am talking about, Ground Logic type are more agile. Z's just seem to me like they would be a bull in china shop on smaller resi lawns.

When I get on a 5k sq ft lawn, I only want a pattern that is about 6 ft wide and can trim real nice. Seems like the Z's tout that they can spray like 16 ft wide (or some such number). But can that pattern be trimmed WAY down for smaller lawns? Someone fill me in, esp regarding the rackable Z.
Why is a Ground Logic more agile? I put the Z Intermediate on every size of lawn, this from someone with actual experience with the Z. In fact the Z swath both granular and liquid can be adjusted, I suggest you go to L.T. Rich web site and learn about the products they carry. With the rackable Z being such a new product the best info you could probably get is to call Andy at L.T.

This being said the Ground Logic is a very nice machine as attested too by Rodney, Every operation has too choose a machine that best fits their needs and customer base.