Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-17-2013, 06:02 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLenno View Post
I also want to mention standers. I recently visited my ex mark dealer looking to purchase a 48 inch or 52 inch turf tracer. They cost around $ 6-7 grand. Then he showed me a demo unit. It was a exmark vantage 52 inch deck with the 26 hp kal only 25 hours. He is only asking $ 7200. A brand new Vantage is around $ 8,500. In this case does anyone think I would be better off purchasing the stander. ? He claims that the vantage is the best of both worlds.
depends on what you mean by best of both worlds...if you mean it's a stander AND a walk behind then no, it's not the best of both worlds...you will use it as a stander unless there is a reason you must use it as a walk behind, the walk behind function is almost worthless, not traction at all, would probably cause more damage than riding...if you mean it's the best of both worlds because it's technically a rider (same category as a ztr) and a walk behind, a hybrid if you will, then i would agree...it's lighter than a ztr but can go as fast and is much more nimble...i switched mainly because our customers would rather see us on a stander than a ztr, a ztr scares off a lot of people...

i like the idea of a velke behind a walk behind, but it's basically the same concept as a stander but a stander is one unit and is much shorter, and not a whole lot more $...if you look at wrights they are pretty simple and easily accessible...buy a bunch of the same machine and buy common replacement parts, streamline it