Go Back   LawnSite.comô - Lawn Care & Landscaping Business Forum, Discuss News & Reviews > Sponsor Forums - Discuss with Sponsors Directly > Lawn Mowing Equipment & Accessories * * * * SPONSOR FORUMS > Hustler Turf Equip
User Name
Password
Home Products Find a Dealer News About Us Contact Us Mark Forums Read

Hustler Turf Equip Lawn Mowers & Turf Care Equipment

Old 12-09-2012, 02:42 PM
LawnSite Member

super z efi?

Why can I not buy a super z with efi?
Old 12-09-2012, 08:28 PM
Sponsor

You should be able to this spring( we hope). Today's Kawasaki EFI has too small of a charging system to handle the CPU, our heavy clutch, our cooling fan for the Hyperdrive to keep a fully charged battery. Add a accessory like headlights and we would be having issues. Kawasaki at this time is working on a larger amp (30) charging system for our unit. Once they complete that we will be good to go.

Brian O.
Old 01-17-2013, 01:16 PM
LawnSite Member

Any updates on when the efi might be avaliable?
Old 01-17-2013, 06:17 PM
Sponsor

I'll reach out to Kawasaki and check with their progress of the higher output charging system.

Brian O
Old 01-18-2013, 11:06 AM
Sponsor

Green mountain guy,
Kawasaki is saying that their upgrading of the charging system on their DFI is moving along. They hope to have a engine ready for our testing possibly in April. Keep in mind Hustler has to get everything tested and certified prior to releasing it to the public. Will it be available this spring... That would be a push. I feel more comfortable saying early summer. I would rather quote you a later date and have it come early than quote you an early date and be wrong.
Thanks for the reminder!

Brian O
Old 02-13-2013, 08:09 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by hustlermidwest View Post
Green mountain guy,
Kawasaki is saying that their upgrading of the charging system on their DFI is moving along. They hope to have a engine ready for our testing possibly in April. Keep in mind Hustler has to get everything tested and certified prior to releasing it to the public. Will it be available this spring... That would be a push. I feel more comfortable saying early summer. I would rather quote you a later date and have it come early than quote you an early date and be wrong.
Thanks for the reminder!

Brian O
Brian, the minute the DFI is implemented, let me know immediately, I've always been so impressed with the EFI on my other mower, I will probably trade my new 72" for the DFI model.
Old 04-01-2013, 06:49 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Any further news on this?

Does Kohler offer a higher amp charging system?
2006 Hustler SuperZ 28EFI 60" Power Chute Design OCDC SOLD!
Perma-green Magnum
1996 48" SCAG Belt WB 14hp Kawasaki Classic Deck
Echo 2 strokes PB-755 & SRM 280
Eastman WM20H 20" Commercial Push mower (NEW for 2013)
Commercial Lawnboy trim mower 3-FOR SALE!http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=424203
Solo since 1980
Old 04-02-2013, 12:55 PM
Sponsor

I'm not sure if Kohler offers a higher amp charging system. In the past I have the understanding that Kohler didn't like the position of our Hydro oil cooler and didn't like using their engines with that arrangement. We will be going with the Kawasaki EFI and it should be ready in the near future. Putting out about 30amps.

Brian O
Old 08-05-2013, 03:31 PM
LawnSite Member

Any new info when the DFI will be available? I'm hoping soon!
Old 08-05-2013, 06:50 PM
Sponsor

Aloha,
We have a couple of the models being tested as I type. The hold back is the charging system putting out enough amps for the CPU, the Clutch and our hydro cooling fan. I'm asked weekly and as soon as I find out I'll tell Puppy Paws as promised and then the world. Sometimes that's the same thing I'm going to the factory on 8-13-13 I'll sniff around.

Brian O