Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 12-26-2012, 07:23 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

That sure is a nice area. I suspect the roads will be decent in the DFW area but once you get out in the wild, it is hard to say what they will be like north of the red river. Drive safe and enjoy.

We needed this rain.
Old 12-26-2012, 09:46 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

It's plenty slick on the FM roads around the house this morning. I had to come to Paris this morning. On 82 it's not bad except on the bridges. Hopefully by this afternoon everything will be clear for you. Be careful going up there.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-26-2012, 10:52 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Glad you chimed in Robby,
I was wondering what 82 was like in your area? I heard it got better past Sherman and was quite a bit better past Bells and Honey Grove. The ice is a soild .5" thick here on the roads. It is only suppost to get to 29 in my area today, but I was hoping with the sun shining and some people driving it would beat it off some. Like you, my 8 mile drive to get to the good roads is the problem.
Old 12-26-2012, 11:29 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah 82 was good from Honey Grove to Paris other than some slick spots on the bridges. I would say 271 to 70 to 259 the roads should be good by this afternoon since they are all high traveled. If that is the route you plan to take.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-11-2013, 12:04 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Selling about 27 mowing accounts in Mckinney, Frisco area.

Have lawn care\irrigation business in Mckinney. Irrigation business has grown so much that I will be selling my mowing accounts. All accounts are in Mckinney, Frisco, Allen, Plano, The Colony. If interested send me an email at gwieghat@yahoo.com. Most of these accounts have been with me for several years.
Old 01-11-2013, 12:07 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefightergw View Post
Have lawn care\irrigation business in Mckinney. Irrigation business has grown so much that I will be selling my mowing accounts. All accounts are in Mckinney, Frisco, Allen, Plano, The Colony. If interested send me an email at gwieghat@yahoo.com. Most of these accounts have been with me for several years.
By the way, I will help with transition by calling customers or sending letter, etc.
Old 01-18-2013, 10:20 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Who else is ready for 60 degree days and 40 degree nights? I need to get my butt going more now that my Christmas vacation is over [i like a break a couple days before Christmas until the middle of Jan], but I do not like working when it is below 40. Last year I do not think it got cold enough to even kill some of the tough grassy weeds, but this year might get some Lantana and other border line perennials because it has gotten down to 14 degrees here and in the high teens and low 20's several times. I need to get going this morning but it is still 30 with some frost on the ground.
Old 01-18-2013, 07:00 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turf Dawg View Post
Who else is ready for 60 degree days and 40 degree nights? I need to get my butt going more now that my Christmas vacation is over [i like a break a couple days before Christmas until the middle of Jan], but I do not like working when it is below 40. Last year I do not think it got cold enough to even kill some of the tough grassy weeds, but this year might get some Lantana and other border line perennials because it has gotten down to 14 degrees here and in the high teens and low 20's several times. I need to get going this morning but it is still 30 with some frost on the ground.
I'm ready. Been trimming Crepe Myrtles the last couple of days, not fun. It's better than 100 degrees though. Did you have a good trip to Beavers Bend?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-18-2013, 07:17 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Not ready for the 100's myself.
Had a wonderful trip. The weather messed my plans up for fishing everyday, but the snow in the park made up for it. It was BEAUTIFUL there with all the Pines and other trees covered. My mom had only been once so we spent most of the 27th driving around and taking pics. It looked like a winter wonderland that you would see way farther North. I do not think the park service was having too much fun trying to clear all the trees that had fallen across the road from the weight of the snow though. I still have some Trout in the freezer but I am ready for another trip already.

How did your trip South go? Put any meat in the freezer?
Old 01-18-2013, 09:21 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turf Dawg View Post
Not ready for the 100's myself.
Had a wonderful trip. The weather messed my plans up for fishing everyday, but the snow in the park made up for it. It was BEAUTIFUL there with all the Pines and other trees covered. My mom had only been once so we spent most of the 27th driving around and taking pics. It looked like a winter wonderland that you would see way farther North. I do not think the park service was having too much fun trying to clear all the trees that had fallen across the road from the weight of the snow though. I still have some Trout in the freezer but I am ready for another trip

How did your trip South go? Put any meat in the freezer?
Glad you all had a good time. Got a doe. So meat is in the freezer. Saw some young bucks, nothing big enough to shoot. We had a great time.
Posted via Mobile Device