Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-09-2013, 12:11 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Just curious...

Groomer, nice trucks! How long are the beds in both of those Fords? What kind of gas mileage did your older '99 get? How about your newer truck's MPGs?
Some folks are so contrary that if they fell into a river,
they'd insist on floating upstream.
~ Josh Billings
Old 01-09-2013, 12:21 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Valk, both trucks have the shorter (5.5?) beds, which is plenty.
The 99 with the V6 really does well on gas, although to be honest, I have never checked it! A tank, in-season, usually lasts me 1.5-2 weeks. All my accounts are so close, is why it only has 84g in 13 years!

The 2011, from what I can tell, is gonna be pretty easy on the gas intake-the 3.7 V6 is super smooth and quiet. and for my situation, has all the power I need. (My trailer holds 3 48" walkbehinds.)
Old 01-19-2013, 04:32 AM
LawnSite Member

Just an update on this. I've been casually browsing trucks online a lot in the last year. Saw one last night that I liked so much I went ahead and checked it out in person today and ended up coming home with it! It's a 2007 F-150 XLT with the 5.4. It has 39K miles on it and I got out the door for $15,000 including all taxes and BS fees. Looks super clean inside & out. Like I said, I've watched the truck market a lot in the last year and feel like I got exactly what I wanted for a great price. Hard to believe that an 07 is going on 6 years old now, lol. Oh well, I like the look of the 04-08 F-150s better anyways. I feel like the 09+ ones are a little goofy looking, no offense to anyone.

So there are deals to be had, but start looking well before you need that next truck if you can so you can wait out what you want at a fair price. I'm going to keep using my old truck for a little while and enjoy having a clean, new (to me) truck for a few months at least

Oh and while I did get this at a dealership, I found it on Autotrader. I would recommend you guys check that out as I was seeing some better deals than on Craigslist or the dealer's own sites. Best of luck guys!
Attached Images

Last edited by Deori; 01-19-2013 at 04:38 AM.