Register free!

Old 12-27-2012, 11:01 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

lol, yeah.. i'm getting a little to anxious for spray season. i'm pricing things weighing the options.. more than likely will be backpacking it for a while. might as well keep my eye out for a used permagreen..

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHARLES CUE View Post

Look for a used one don't get in a hurry

Good luck with your purchase

Charles Cue
Old 12-28-2012, 04:10 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by inzane View Post
how about this? http://www.gregsonclark.com/skid_sprayers.html looking at the v-100 st. i am gonna see how much they will ship one to georgia for. if i can get it for around 4k, i might just hold off on a mower for next year and keep using 21" mowers.. and put more into a skid sprayer (chem app side of things is what i'm more interested in). i'm gonna see what lesco has as well. but i'm just not feeling it with a 200 gallon skid on this 1/2 ton truck. 2 gallons a minute can still get me probally close to 50,000 sq. ft. and mabee i can spray at a lower rate to get more lawns done, i want to continue dry spreading my fert though. so would be using this skid for pre-emergent / post emergent.. possibly with potasium in the mix for first app in spring and last app in fall i guess.
Lemee do you a favor if you are looking at new. Try GNCI https://www.gnci.org/

They are in Arkansas. Shipping is cheaper and they use piston pumps that are bulletproof.

I swear by these units and the company is good too for parts and such.

Heres a tip. You can get a 200 gallon unit now and only fill it half way.

Unless you're driving all over all day with 200 gallons don't worry about it. As you spray the volume drops and gets lighter.

Plus you're still at around 2000 lbs loaded. That truck can handle that safely in my opinion understanding that some limitations apply while you are fully loaded..

Last edited by Cadzilla; 12-28-2012 at 04:14 PM.
Old 01-02-2013, 12:30 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Your 1/2 ton truck will hold 200 gallons just fine especially if your staying local. You could always add helper air bags to the rear fairly easy..
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-02-2013, 12:31 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Also if your gonna end up at 200 gallons and your pump would push it I would bump up to 3 gallon rates.. more carrier to deliver your products.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-03-2013, 11:09 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

there is a local guy selling a northstar 200 gallon tank, it looks fairly new from the picture.. but he wants 2400. he's had it for sale for months. what would be a good offer on this?? if i can get it for under 2k it might not be a bad one. better than that 100 gallon unit for sure.
Old 01-03-2013, 12:48 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

200 gallons will work. No need to fill it up. You can add a leaf to your springs for extra carrying capacity--cost about $150 at your local truck shop.
Remember, in a year or two you will graduate to a newer--bigger 3/4 ton truck. Maybe a one ton.
Old 01-09-2013, 06:14 PM
LawnSite Member

I would keep looking on Craigslist and E bay for old Lesco Spray rigs. This time of year, there is always a couple that people are getting rid of for one reason or another. If you know how to work on them, you may find one that is in good shape that has your hose and electric reel already on it.
Old 01-11-2013, 08:16 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Ever thought about using one of those push type sprayers instead of back packs?
Old 01-19-2013, 10:35 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

this is what i ended up with.. it is still pretty much new, hardly ever used.. tiny little 50 gallon skid.. mabee i should outfit it with some shoulder straps and use it as a backpack.. lol $650.00. it was built less than a year ago, the girl that sold it to me just never got her biz to take off.. she was doing t/s with it. i'm gonna fill my back pack sprayers with it until i can get me a t&s program figured out for 2014.. gonna practice on my own landscape for a while first to see how it goes. the jd-9 works just fine with this, i get plenty of distance surprisingly enough .
Attached Images

Old 01-19-2013, 01:17 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

That looks SHARP! lol..