Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center



Reply
 
Thread Tools   Display Modes
  #61  
Old 01-19-2013, 11:38 AM
Florida Gardener's Avatar
Florida Gardener Florida Gardener is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Humid S. Fl. with sights set on San Diego
Posts: 5,198
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green-Man View Post
Woow it is great to see someone down here in florida post some stuff.What area do you live? Do you have a horticulture degree?
I'm in the Jupiter area, Palm Beach County
Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 01-19-2013, 11:47 AM
Green-Man Green-Man is online now
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Sunny South Florida
Posts: 678
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida Gardener View Post
I'm in the Jupiter area, Palm Beach County
Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device
Oh your about an hour away from me I'm in the ft lauderdale area.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 01-19-2013, 01:03 PM
Florida Gardener's Avatar
Florida Gardener Florida Gardener is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Humid S. Fl. with sights set on San Diego
Posts: 5,198
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green-Man View Post
Oh your about an hour away from me I'm in the ft lauderdale area.
Posted via Mobile Device
Not many guys in the Florida forum from ft lauderdale...really south Florida...most are from Orlando or west coast it seems.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 01-19-2013, 01:20 PM
Green-Man Green-Man is online now
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Sunny South Florida
Posts: 678
Yeah I've noticed that. It kinda sucks there are the few Florida guys on here then everyone is up north. Which is surprising because where I live there are SOOO many lawn companies it's rediculous. I would think there would be more.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 01-19-2013, 01:21 PM
Florida Gardener's Avatar
Florida Gardener Florida Gardener is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Humid S. Fl. with sights set on San Diego
Posts: 5,198
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green-Man View Post
Yeah I've noticed that. It kinda sucks there are the few Florida guys on here then everyone is up north. Which is surprising because where I live there are SOOO many lawn companies it's rediculous. I would think there would be more.
Posted via Mobile Device
Tons of companies here too....
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 01-19-2013, 01:25 PM
Green-Man Green-Man is online now
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Sunny South Florida
Posts: 678
Yeah I figured. Well atleast we know we have the same weather and same plants,grass etc. the zyosia grass I believe that's how you spell it, you cut that with what? Some like finish cut mower?
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 01-19-2013, 01:57 PM
Florida Gardener's Avatar
Florida Gardener Florida Gardener is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Humid S. Fl. with sights set on San Diego
Posts: 5,198
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green-Man View Post
Yeah I figured. Well atleast we know we have the same weather and same plants,grass etc. the zyosia grass I believe that's how you spell it, you cut that with what? Some like finish cut mower?
Posted via Mobile Device
I cut all sports turf(zoysia/Bermuda) with a reel mower.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 01-19-2013, 02:02 PM
Green-Man Green-Man is online now
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Sunny South Florida
Posts: 678
Oh that's what it is. That interesting. Do you charge more when you cut those types of grass?
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 01-19-2013, 02:12 PM
Florida Gardener's Avatar
Florida Gardener Florida Gardener is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Humid S. Fl. with sights set on San Diego
Posts: 5,198
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green-Man View Post
Oh that's what it is. That interesting. Do you charge more when you cut those types of grass?
Posted via Mobile Device
Most def., you have to. The maintenance on a reel is way higher. But, properties that have it generate a lot of money, most of the time...
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 01-19-2013, 05:14 PM
Green-Man Green-Man is online now
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Sunny South Florida
Posts: 678
Yeah I figured homes with that type of turf grass can afford whatever needs to be done. Seems like great houses to have
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:34 AM.

Page generated in 0.07746 seconds with 9 queries