Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather
View Poll Results: What bank do you use for your business?
People's Bank 2 10.53%
Bank of America 5 26.32%
TD Bank 1 5.26%
Wells Fargo 0 0%
Local credit union bank 11 57.89%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-20-2013, 09:36 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

What bank do you use for your business?

Just curious what bank you people are using for your business. I have People Business checking account for 2 years and they are great but I notice they are picky when it comes to loans.

"Money & Power leads to Greed and usually ends with Corruption."

" I don't blame our industry to be looked down at because most of the people either couldn't keep a stable job or were criminals."

" A LEADER will always have more haters than a FOLLOWER."
Old 01-20-2013, 10:02 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Chase for checking and savings and an amex credit card
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-20-2013, 10:03 AM
LawnSite Member

I use the local community credit union. Great loan rates, great interest on my money.
Old 01-20-2013, 10:10 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Yes even the lady at People's bank told me to go to a credit union bank for a loan lol. I tried to get a personal loan for a street bike and was denied with a credit score of 556 because I owed Planet fitness $900 (long story they basically charged me for so many years even though I used them for a few weeks my card got stolen so I got a new one and they keep charging me) and my hospital for my broken hand was $508 last July.

What is stupid is I have creditinform that tells you your credit score every month and they claim mine is a 615!!!!

" I don't blame our industry to be looked down at because most of the people either couldn't keep a stable job or were criminals."

Old 01-20-2013, 10:47 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

For checking I use a regional bank and other banking is done at a local credit union.
Blizzard 860HD
7 1/2 ft Western Plow
Toro 7/24 snowblower
2 Toro CCR 2450 snowblowers
48" Allis Chalmers
48" Ferris WB
36" Exmark Viking
21" Toro
21" Poulan Pro
2- Echo PB755H
Echo & Ryobi trimmers
Echo PAS 265 & attachments
Stihl & Poulan chain saws
Stihl BP blower
Stihl FS-56RC-E Trimmer
Billy Goat 16hp HTR Loader
Pesticide License BU0426
A Positive Outlook
Old 01-20-2013, 10:59 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

I have profinium for business and personal. And have an account set up for sales tax. We just got a new bremer bank and may check them out.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-20-2013, 11:02 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by soloscaperman View Post
Yes even the lady at People's bank told me to go to a credit union bank for a loan lol. I tried to get a personal loan for a street bike and was denied with a credit score of 556 because I owed Planet fitness $900 (long story they basically charged me for so many years even though I used them for a few weeks my card got stolen so I got a new one and they keep charging me) and my hospital for my broken hand was $508 last July.

What is stupid is I have creditinform that tells you your credit score every month and they claim mine is a 615!!!!
You do realize there are 3 different places that give credit ratings? Not everyone uses them all. Some do. Some use 1 or 2 of the 3.

I was turned down with a 696 score. Why? I have no idea.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-20-2013, 11:12 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Peoples solicited me for a loan from them. So I finally decide it would be a good idea and the banking industry collapsed the very month I went in with my application. Loved the way they turned us down we are sorry but we can not offer you a loan at this time because your gross sales are under $200,000. Now considering I had to provide tax returns and our last year at that time was $199,600 I found that denial to be a Little offensive. We went back years later with over 200k in sales and still got denied. I use them because they have supermarket locations that are open till 7 pm and they are open on weekends. But that is getting old 5 or 6 times this past year I went in their hours to find they took the day off for one make believe holiday after another. I will be researching remote deposit this winter and will likely make a switch. I like the idea of scanning the checks at the office and getting out of deposit slips and making time to get to the bank and stand in line.
Old 01-20-2013, 11:26 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly's Landscaping View Post
Peoples solicited me for a loan from them. So I finally decide it would be a good idea and the banking industry collapsed the very month I went in with my application. Loved the way they turned us down we are sorry but we can not offer you a loan at this time because your gross sales are under $200,000. Now considering I had to provide tax returns and our last year at that time was $199,600 I found that denial to be a Little offensive. We went back years later with over 200k in sales and still got denied. I use them because they have supermarket locations that are open till 7 pm and they are open on weekends. But that is getting old 5 or 6 times this past year I went in their hours to find they took the day off for one make believe holiday after another. I will be researching remote deposit this winter and will likely make a switch. I like the idea of scanning the checks at the office and getting out of deposit slips and making time to get to the bank and stand in line.
http://www.naugatucksavingsbank.com/ This might be your perfect bank. They are growing fast and I hear they hand out business loans like candy. I will be switching to them in March. They let you scan your checks at home or something which I like because I don't feel like driving to the bank even though it's not too far.

Old 01-20-2013, 11:34 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I have 4 different banks. To make a long story short if I do work for that bank I start an account with them. This has worked out really well. Since all of them are online it easy to access the funds.