Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-20-2013, 05:39 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Trade up worth it?

Back in 2011, I wanted to upgrade my s330 high flow that I had set up for mulching. Though I liked my s330, I was intrigued by the M series innovations.. especially the cab and the easy to get to radiators. As it turns out, I rarely have to clean the radiators with the M series w/ vinyl debris kit but generally the machine is easier to service overall.

When I first started seriously thinking about upgrading, I wanted more engine power and settled on the s770. The only problem was there were no 770's available with the options I wanted and there was a 10 month wait at the factory. I reluctantly settled on a 750 which I had not demoed. When I first received the machine, I felt like the machine had more power than my 330. Lately, I'm not feeling like I have as much power or all things being equal, I feel like I don't have any more power than my 330 did. I wondered if there was a software upgrade that "detuned" my machine but haven't heard anything about that.

Though the 770 and the 750 share the same motor, the 770 makes 92 hp and the 750 nets out at 85. I'm okay with most of my digging performance and if the ground is really hard, I'll use my 335 excavator to tear it up for the skid. Where I'm wanting a little more power is in supporting my high flow pump.

Is there anyone out there who has run a high flow 750 and 770 or went from a 330 to a 770 running a mulcher or other high flow attachment? Is there a noticeable performance difference? Spec-wise the flow and pressure is the same. The only difference other than weight, is the 92 hp in the 770 vs 85 in the 750.

Thanks Yellow Dog

"Life is tough, but it's tougher if you're stupid."

Twitter @Cedar_Clearing