Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-20-2013, 12:38 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikegyver View Post
We edge every time a mower is on a yard unless its during the winter and then maybe every other month if that. If you did 2x a year it would be a mess.
Unless maybe they are talking about bed edging? That would be a different story.
I so the same exact thing as you unless customer recommends something else. He is talking about driveway edging. I told him that it would look horrible doing it twice a year, but if that's what he wants I will do it and its written in contract.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-20-2013, 07:44 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dathorpe View Post
This sentence made my head hurt.
hahaha...mine too
Old 01-20-2013, 07:54 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

i don't like the mowing 2x/month deal to begin with...is it a nice property or kind of sh*tty?...regardless, i would imagine we would be around the $425 mark, strictly for mowing...obviously, like everyone else has said, it's very tough to bid something we haven't even seen...that's basing it off 4 acres, 32 units...NOT the 8 hours/ 3 guys...it should be more around the 4 hours mark
Old 01-20-2013, 07:58 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbell36 View Post
i don't like the mowing 2x/month deal to begin with...is it a nice property or kind of sh*tty?...regardless, i would imagine we would be around the $425 mark, strictly for mowing...obviously, like everyone else has said, it's very tough to bid something we haven't even seen...that's basing it off 4 acres, 32 units...NOT the 8 hours/ 3 guys...it should be more around the 4 hours mark
It has definitely went to the crapper over time. I was guessing around 4 hours of labor. I was speechless when he said 8 hrs. I told the guy that I will not do half a ** work. Is that 425 a month or a cut?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-20-2013, 09:02 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

per cut...and that's just the number i came up with real quick with only a few numbers, which would include edging every mow...prob on the high side...unfortunately, mowing prices haven't increased much if any for 15-20 years...big companies have driven the commercial properties down, i'm hoping it's just the recession we are currently in

Last edited by jbell36; 01-20-2013 at 09:10 PM.
Old 01-22-2013, 10:28 PM
LawnSite Member

Thanks man! I know what you mean. They were killing the little guys around here. Luckily for us, people are more trusting of the little guys around here now since big guys aren't paying attention to detail.

Tags
condo , lawn care pricing , price lawn , pricing , townhomes lawn care