Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 01-20-2013, 10:49 PM
LawnSite Member

Toro 30" Turfmaster

Last season we ran a 30" Toro Timemaster to see if there was going to be a savings in time on certain lawns we cut. Sure enough, the 21" was put aside on one of our crews, and the fight over who was going to use the 30". My personal opinion on the machine. First we cut 1/2 acre and larger, normally run 48" zero turns and 48" tbar w/b and in those smaller areas the 21". After using the the toro 30", there was time saved, even in some areas where a 48" was used the 30" did a faster and better job!!!
Now Toro has a new commercial 30" Turfmaster that runs about $1800.00(down here in Montreal Canada), and we are going to add one for every lawn crew. We use the 30" 25-30% more then the Tbar on a regular basis, once you used the mower, the manouverability and speed is amazing!!!
Old 01-20-2013, 11:00 PM
LawnSite Member

I use a timemaster in the front line aswell. Saves time and its perfect for my small lots also
Old 01-20-2013, 11:10 PM
LawnSite Member

Another thing that adds speed to the job is cutting new sod. Now after a few weeks, the grass is very thick, but adjust the wheels to the max hight and away you go. The hp of the engine is great, but you have to keep the speed down though or the machine will start to block.
Old 01-21-2013, 12:12 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

If you side-discharge, how well are the clippings dispersed?
Some folks are so contrary that if they fell into a river,
they'd insist on floating upstream.
~ Josh Billings
Old 01-21-2013, 12:47 PM
LawnSite Member

We bag all clippings, but the mulching system works quite well.
Old 01-21-2013, 12:56 PM
LawnSite Member

I'm looking forward to demoing the commercial unit in the spring. I'm interested to see how we'll it mulches. If that's works well ill be sold because of the timed saved over the 21's and the added benefit of not having new employees having the learning curve of a walk behind. Most get it but some always seem intimidated out the gate. This will solve two issues at once for me
2004 Bobcat s250
Gravely 152 ztr
2006 walker GHS
16ft landscape trailer
2012 6 ton dump trailer
2004 JDJ 7 ton dump trailer
Little wonder leaf loader
Toro proline and Honda 21's
Toro 36" walkbehinds
Stihl,echo,handhelds and saws
Arctic snow plows and snow ex salters
Horst Snow Pushers
Old 01-21-2013, 01:01 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grzube View Post
Last season we ran a 30" Toro Timemaster to see if there was going to be a savings in time on certain lawns we cut. Sure enough, the 21" was put aside on one of our crews, and the fight over who was going to use the 30". My personal opinion on the machine. First we cut 1/2 acre and larger, normally run 48" zero turns and 48" tbar w/b and in those smaller areas the 21". After using the the toro 30", there was time saved, even in some areas where a 48" was used the 30" did a faster and better job!!!
Now Toro has a new commercial 30" Turfmaster that runs about $1800.00(down here in Montreal Canada), and we are going to add one for every lawn crew. We use the 30" 25-30% more then the Tbar on a regular basis, once you used the mower, the manouverability and speed is amazing!!!
With your experience last year with the Timemaster, why are you switching to the TurfMaster?

Thanks for the thread this really interests me.
Old 01-21-2013, 01:55 PM
LawnSite Member

The Toro Timemaster was the only 30" available, now a commercial one is around the corner, much stronger, just like the 21" pro-line's, even though it will be heavier, it's much more solid.
Old 01-21-2013, 02:14 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Its seems as there is alot of interest in the new turfmaster, I held off on buying a timemaster last year becasue I knew it was coming out, there are lots of threads about people bashing it, but it fills a need in the market the no other mower has, I look forward to reading more and will be getting one in the spring for sure.
Old 01-22-2013, 07:01 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by locallawncare.ca View Post
Its seems as there is alot of interest in the new turfmaster, I held off on buying a timemaster last year becasue I knew it was coming out, there are lots of threads about people bashing it, but it fills a need in the market the no other mower has, I look forward to reading more and will be getting one in the spring for sure.
Have any of you read this thread on the timemaster? http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.p...ght=timemaster