Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-21-2013, 03:13 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimslawncareservice View Post
The one I demoed did 12 in low and 16 in high. Something isn't set up correctly or out of adjustment
Posted via Mobile Device
There was someone on here last summer i think that said his would not go as fast either.. I think they used some type of radar gun or something and the speeds where off.. There is a youtube video showing a Hustler Z walking off and leave it as far as speed..
Old 01-21-2013, 03:25 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by weaver View Post
There was someone on here last summer i think that said his would not go as fast either.. I think they used some type of radar gun or something and the speeds where off.. There is a youtube video showing a Hustler Z walking off and leave it as far as speed..
Mine was from gps on my phone. It's fairly accurate when I test it against it in my three trucks. I don't know. I'm not going to argue, but I know what I saw the one I had read on the gps.

My deere did 11 mph when I used the gps. I made a couple adjustments and now its 12 mph like they advertise.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-21-2013, 03:31 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimslawncareservice View Post
Mine was from gps on my phone. It's fairly accurate when I test it against it in my three trucks. I don't know. I'm not going to argue, but I know what I saw the one I had read on the gps.

My deere did 11 mph when I used the gps. I made a couple adjustments and now its 12 mph like they advertise.
Posted via Mobile Device
No, i was just saying some go faster as some of the Cheetahas don't. I wonder what type of adjustments they do to make them go faster? Cause that's what his dealer said also, was bring it in so we can do some adjustments on it..
Old 01-21-2013, 03:40 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Ok, I misunderstood. Easy to do on forums. Not sure on the scags, but after talking to my deere mechanic, I lengthened the rods from the handles to the pump. I have to do that on x series on front mount deeres every 500 hours or so.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-21-2013, 05:40 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I shouldnt have to do anything at all to a $10k mower...dealer said bring it in, and they will get it working. WHat that entails, I dont know. So we will see.

Speed was checked via laser.
Old 01-21-2013, 05:53 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowleak1 View Post
I shouldnt have to do anything at all to a $10k mower...dealer said bring it in, and they will get it working. WHat that entails, I dont know. So we will see.

Speed was checked via laser.
I agree, but there has been atleast one other on here that his dealer said the same thing. They said bring it in and they would do some adjusting...

That would be cool if they adjusted something and you got like 20mph out of it...
Old 01-21-2013, 11:31 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
I agree, but there has been atleast one other on here that his dealer said the same thing. They said bring it in and they would do some adjusting...

That would be cool if they adjusted something and you got like 20mph out of it...
In all honesty it is fast enough as it is lol. 20 would be insain...

No lie, I bet you could flip this thing by turning to hard on dry pavement. And no, I will NOT try and find out
Old 01-22-2013, 03:40 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:

You can adjust the bias on the PTS levers. But... If you give it more forward, you loose reverse.

Old 01-22-2013, 10:51 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Martin View Post
You can adjust the bias on the PTS levers. But... If you give it more forward, you loose reverse.
Dang man you got me ready to tear into my mower.. First 20 mph Lazer Z

Old 01-22-2013, 04:33 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

No, I have never traded in a almost new mower.