Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-21-2013, 06:49 PM
LawnSite Member

oops! try this link it may work better http://www.walkermowers.com/decks/ml...48in-122cm.php

Or just go to www.walkermowers.com and follow the tabs.
Old 01-22-2013, 09:19 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joemower View Post
Hey Kings... Go to the Walker website and look under decks/mulching and chose the ML-48". Here is the link if it works http://www.walkermowers.com/images/curve7.png . You can also find pics the 52" rear discharge/mulching deck there too. As with all of the Walker the MB decks are interchangeable so they can't put up pics for every combination. If you check out some of the latest product videos on YouTube you may be able to see some of the different combinations of decks used on the MB and MBS there. Also they have video of some of the other attachments/implements that you can use on them. If you can't find what you are looking for definitely call you dealer or better yet your distributor and ask them for a demo on exactly what you interested in. They will be happy to do it for you for that is how they make a living.
Hey joe what size of deck do you like for residential the 48" or 52" I have a 52" stander and it doesn't seem to get used a lot.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-22-2013, 10:55 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Hey on the hopper you have to get atleast the 223 up. Start at $8k basically up to the nicest 30hp kubota diesel. The 4xa option on the deck is a $395 option so you can add to any model basically. As far as the cut, gh has one of the smoothest around here, all the guys mowing the banks use the frontmount ghs...
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-22-2013, 01:19 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings of Green LLC View Post
Hey joe what size of deck do you like for residential the 48" or 52" I have a 52" stander and it doesn't seem to get used a lot.
Posted via Mobile Device
Wow Kings that's a loaded question. Ask 10 different people that and you will certainly get 10 different answers. I think you kind of answered it already for yourself. You really have to define what your need is and use the size that works the best. IMOP, If you are dealing with 5-10K or less residential lots I would prefer a 48" over a 52" unless everything is wide open and flat. I feel that though a 52" could be more productive it can also be a hindrance if you have yards with tight areas or uneven terrain. If you primarily cut 10K lots and up you are better off with a 52" in most cases. With that said with our stand-ons we feel we can get away with using a bigger mower on the smaller lots (but that also depends on the operator). You definitely don't want to waist space on you trailer with a bigger mower if you are only able to cut a yard or two a day with it. Sounds like the 48" is the best for you. 4" more really doesn't make enough difference that will kill you.

Having this conversation with you leads me to believe the MB would be perfect for you. The MBS is a much bigger machine that may just get in your way if you don't have enough of the larger properties to use it on. As you know one of the beauties of Walker is that you can swap out the decks to suite your needs. The MB 23 EFI will accept up to a 74" deck if need be. My distributor tells me he sells a lot of them in that configuration. Though it may not be as fast as the Super B you will be able to use it on all of your properties and it is a bit cheaper. Feel free to send me a PM with your phone number if you want to talk more in depth about the MB & MBS.
Old 03-14-2013, 02:56 PM
LawnSite Member

i have a mt 26 ghs and mbv. the mbv is pretty good on ever the bigger properties i do, but the mbs i would think would be king. i have been blown away by the mb. with all the deck options walker has, they are absolutely 'fine tunable' to your useage. i run 42's on both, a mulch 42 on the mbv. i switched to walker and havent missed my exmarks at all, in fact my customers love the fact i run walkers now. they cost more, a little more maintenance, but worth it. a mb weighs only 175lbs more than a 48" turf tracer exmark walkbehind btw.
Walker MT 26 EFI GHS
Walker MBV
Exmark Commercial 30
Exmark Commercial 21 AS
Exmark Metro 26
Echo Stuff:
PAS 280 w/shears,edger/trimmer/powerpruner/brush blade
PE280 edger
SRM-280T, SRM 230
HC 150 Shears
CS370 chain saw
Stihl MS290 Farm Boss
Echo PB 770T blower
Redmax EBZ8500 blower
Shindaiwa M242 w/ pole shears and trimmer head
Billy Goat F902S blower and KV600 VAC
Old 03-15-2013, 09:10 AM
LawnSite Member

i agree with you on the mb.I demoed an 2013 18hp mb the other day and could not believe how it performed. I did not try the ml deck though. i am wonder how the ml deck does with leaves?