Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-20-2013, 09:41 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrayzKajun View Post
im glad the Falcons lost.
My GD Patriots lost as well. I emailed the moderator and as soon as I went back to my thread my goof up was gone. Thanks Mike!

Services-AutoCAD Landscape Design & Install, Maintenance, Landscape Lighting, HD Holiday Lighting, Masonry (Stone, Block, Brick, and Stucco), & Arborist Work

Accreditations & Memberships- BBB, TNLA, TPCL 611373, & Class 1 Nurserymen.

Market Niche- High end residential.

-http://plantscapesolutions.net/
Old 01-20-2013, 09:53 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Racking Quote

Here is my quote for racking. I'm still talking to a few other sources.
Attached Images

Services-AutoCAD Landscape Design & Install, Maintenance, Landscape Lighting, HD Holiday Lighting, Masonry (Stone, Block, Brick, and Stucco), & Arborist Work

Old 01-20-2013, 10:12 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrayzKajun View Post
love your shop!
The shop was built by Antone Welding out of Lockhart, TX. I talked to a ton of places and nobody could beat his price. The building is 30' wide and 45' deep, 12' eve height, 20' insulated roll up door, as well as insulated walls and ceiling. The building was about $22K plus $8K in rebar, and concrete work. I may have spent $2.2K in electrical.

The interesting thing is I purchased everything with a credit card. USAA merged two cards into one with a 35K limit and made the rate a fixed 6% rate. Now I'm doing a refi on my house and I'm going to lower the rate to 3% or less.

Old 01-22-2013, 12:04 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

cannot beat an insulated shop. I need to spray foam mine with 1" closed cell on the ceiling and walls. but oh, the cost. just 15k. I would look on craigslist for used pallet racks from individuals. you can always cut down taller ones with a sawzall. I would do thicker beams, 3" are what we used and I still reinforced the middles. the wire decking also bent on us, so my beams have the bend in them that let you insert 2x material for shelves. we got oak from a local sawmill for cheaper than pine at lowes.

I think you might be shocked at how fast your shop fills up. I did a thread here on my new shop 2 years back and it has the math on how much cubic foot per customer I use, and that number has been pretty close to linear as the business has grown the past 2 years.
Old 01-22-2013, 09:56 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Gretzmier View Post
cannot beat an insulated shop. I need to spray foam mine with 1" closed cell on the ceiling and walls. but oh, the cost. just 15k. I would look on craigslist for used pallet racks from individuals. you can always cut down taller ones with a sawzall. I would do thicker beams, 3" are what we used and I still reinforced the middles. the wire decking also bent on us, so my beams have the bend in them that let you insert 2x material for shelves. we got oak from a local sawmill for cheaper than pine at lowes.

I think you might be shocked at how fast your shop fills up. I did a thread here on my new shop 2 years back and it has the math on how much cubic foot per customer I use, and that number has been pretty close to linear as the business has grown the past 2 years.
The insulation for my shop at the time of construction may have been $2000. There was another company that did a high tech spray insulation that I think was going to be twice as much. I've had the temps outside get down to around 14 but inside the building it never got below the low 40's.

Old 01-22-2013, 10:04 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Racking

Here is my racking install in progress. The shelving was cheaper quality then I thought it was going to be. Next time I want to find some of the heavier duty Home Depot shelving.
Attached Images

Old 01-22-2013, 10:08 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Tool For Tree Lights

I take old pole saw tips and cut therm down for use in installing and removing lights in tree's. I use the Wolf Garten brand pole saws. They used to sell these at LESCO. The Wolf Garten pole saws are the cheapest quality pole saws you can buy by far.

I give the edges a quick file job so there are no sharp edges. Anybody else do this?
Attached Images

Old 01-22-2013, 01:38 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Now just bolt it down the common uprights, it will stiffin up, and will be safer. I seen it happen at my night job when racking tips over. I can't tell but they should have gave you some locking clips for the common rails that lock them to the uprights so the rails don't pop off. Your going to know see that metal grate is going to bend and flex, they have spanners that lay betwen the back and front rails, again makes it more rigid when you span a distance, obiviously use more spanners the greater the distance.

Not dis'ing your choice, but what you have are called "Common" raking, I love the stuff. The intial cost to get set up is kind of expensive. The great thing about it is that its expandable, you can add on different fixtures such as "M" dividers, Hangers, Madtix (SP?), etc.... and even more racking. It allows you to palletize things for storage, such as christmas lights, any bagged material, snow plows and snow blowers.

Picture Thread: http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.p...ight=army+pics
Old 03-20-2013, 10:10 AM
LawnSite Member

Can anyone tell me what they charge for a basic house decoration or have a price sheet they can email me as this is an area we have talked about getting into. I am not sure how many or if it anything we are looking to jump into yet but we figure we live near a college and could get several college students to work for us as it is part time work.

Also can someone also give me an idea of start up costs which I understand is going to vary depending on what we want ot put up
Thanks
Old 03-20-2013, 10:40 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DalesLanscaping View Post
Can anyone tell me what they charge for a basic house decoration or have a price sheet they can email me as this is an area we have talked about getting into. I am not sure how many or if it anything we are looking to jump into yet but we figure we live near a college and could get several college students to work for us as it is part time work.

Also can someone also give me an idea of start up costs which I understand is going to vary depending on what we want ot put up
Thanks
I would budget at least $1000 for a shoe string budget for quality ladders (8', 12' 24', and 32' are a must), hammer drill, ect. If you want to stock some basic LED C7/C9 bulbs, socket cord, extension cords, slide plugs, lamp cord, ect. it can easily eat up another $2000 plus.