Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 07-25-2010, 10:36 PM
LawnSite Member

Yes I know Briggs is junk, and Honda is king. I also know the bad boy deck is made by somebody else. But it looks like a descent mower. I've read every thread about 21 inch mowers, andbpeople complain about all of them, even the new exmarks commercial. In my opinion, spending over 1000 dollars on a push mower is a waste of money. If you only use the mower every now and then for trimming, even a " pos" should last three or so years
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-26-2010, 01:01 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

the fixed wheel is pretty much the john deere js25 without the mowmentum drive system and a bigger engine i really like my js25 so next mower i purchase will probably be the bad boy

i also currently have a toro recycler i hate the thing in wet or dry grass
Old 01-21-2013, 02:58 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooterm View Post
I've been on the look out for a $400 to $500 21". Walked into a Tractor Supply and noticed a lady pushing a new Bad Boy 21" out. Talked to the sales rep and no more floor models but explained people really seemed to like them. Went home to do alittle research on them. Noticed they do have the "upgraded" BS commercial motor in it. All features of the mid range mowers and wheels seem to be beefed up abit. One goofy thing is I cant find one review of thing using google. I guess without handeling one it hard to check the quality but what is others views or experience with this machine? I understand this isn't a commercial push or the fact its not better then a Exmark 21". Thanks for any input.
I know I am two years late, but I have the snapper from Sears, model number SPV21675. I do lawns on the side, and I do around 12 a week for 5-6 months out of the year in Austin Tx. I love everything about this mower, the one lever to adjust the height is amazing, and very strong and durable, I thought it would be flimsy, but not at all, even after four years. I will say I replaced the engine 1 1/2 years after buying the mower. It came with BS 6.75 torque engine, not commercial, I replaces it with a BS 8.75 torque engine, commercial. I got the engine from TulsaEngineWarehouse.com, and I highly recommend them as well, fast service cheap price and free shipping. I have now seen this snapper mower with the engine I now have on it for sale at my local dealer for 700. Mine was 400 from Sears, plus 200 or so for engine later, so 600 total, but it works great. It bags very well too. It picks up live oak leaves and acorns very well.
Old 01-22-2013, 07:49 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

i wanted to buy the bad boy swivel wheel 21 but never could find one to buy.
Old 01-22-2013, 11:11 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I have the 21" its a good mower. I only cut maybe an hour a week with it but it works great. drive is strong deck is solid engine has great power. always starts no issue. has a bag,mulch,discharge option. I really like it for how much I don't use it