Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-21-2013, 11:09 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by McG_Landscaping View Post
Thanks. It seems to be pretty solid. I gave $1400 plus it cost $160 or so in gas to go get it
Yeah, you got a good deal on it, if it's solid you can pretty easily sell it for around 2k.
Old 01-21-2013, 11:56 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Here are a few more pictures of the turf tracer. also a pic of the truck all salty after the last event
It looks pretty good. Not as rough as I thought it would be for 1600$
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-21-2013, 09:09 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
I love my snapper! I will probably always hold onto it for a backup and I will probably spend too much money fixing it in the future.
Yeah I hear you there, I just put dropped in a new vanguard along with a new PTO in one of my snapper pros. Next will be to rebuild the pumps so its ready for the spring.

Curious to know how you like the Turf Tracer compared to the snapper. Even with the money I just dumped into one of my pros, I have been debating switching all the mowers over to turf tracers.
Old 01-22-2013, 11:48 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawnMan19 View Post
Yeah, you got a good deal on it, if it's solid you can pretty easily sell it for around 2k.
yeah. i want to use it though haha not sell it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green-Man View Post
It looks pretty good. Not as rough as I thought it would be for 1600$
Posted via Mobile Device
Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deererunner View Post
Yeah I hear you there, I just put dropped in a new vanguard along with a new PTO in one of my snapper pros. Next will be to rebuild the pumps so its ready for the spring.

Curious to know how you like the Turf Tracer compared to the snapper. Even with the money I just dumped into one of my pros, I have been debating switching all the mowers over to turf tracers.
I am going to see how I like it then probably expand using one or the other
2002 6x12 Single Axle Landscaping Trailer
2013 7x16 Quality Equipment Trailer
1994 5x8 Lone Wolf Trailer

Exmark, Snapper, Ferris, Encore, Billy Goat, Honda, Echo, Stihl, Husky, and Ryan

http://lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=344647
http://www.mcginnlandscaping.com
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/McG...30091293747444
Old 01-23-2013, 12:05 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
I cant wait to use it! I paid 23 after all said and done for the truck with the plow. It is the base model and had 58000 on it. Now it has exactly 80 on it. Today ive had it for two years. I wouldn't trade it for much else. I have $1400 in the insert 500 in suspension upgrade. A few hundred in a spreader and some maintenance costs prob around 1k. So i guess i have like 26 into it as it sits.
Posted via Mobile Device
Do you like the 5.4L Gasser? I am thinking of just staying with gas trucks with how expensvie diesel is and when you go into bigger gears gas milage sucks anyways.

I dont know much about diesel engines also which is a huge desiding factor when i can work on everything on a gas engine and half of the engine of a diesel i know nothing about.

I have been looking for awhile for a truck under 50k to put to work, we only put about 7-8k miles on work trucks per year, so with the right maintenance, a gasser should last 150k without any major issues. So thats about 12 years of life!

I narrowed it down to either buying a some sort of beat up 2000 f350 with low miles and fix it up, or finance a 2008/9/10 f350 and put it to work asap. I have one payment besides insurance right now and its so nice being mostly debt free, i hate payments, but dont got 25k laying around for a truck. I like my money in the bank!

How do you think your truck holds an insert? Whats the most you have had in it? I think if i get an insert i will either get a truckcraft alumnium insert(for the weight factor to have more payload) or an e-z dumper used online.

Or if i buy used put a aluminum flat bed with a hoist under it.

Too many desisions, Too little money

Insured and Licensed
Old 01-23-2013, 12:16 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
yeah. i want to use it though haha not sell it!
Yeah, you'll easily make several times mowing with it then selling it.
Old 01-23-2013, 12:22 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Are you not using that v box spreader you bought?
Old 01-23-2013, 10:29 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLONGLANDSCAPING View Post
Do you like the 5.4L Gasser? I am thinking of just staying with gas trucks with how expensvie diesel is and when you go into bigger gears gas milage sucks anyways.

I dont know much about diesel engines also which is a huge desiding factor when i can work on everything on a gas engine and half of the engine of a diesel i know nothing about.

I have been looking for awhile for a truck under 50k to put to work, we only put about 7-8k miles on work trucks per year, so with the right maintenance, a gasser should last 150k without any major issues. So thats about 12 years of life!

I narrowed it down to either buying a some sort of beat up 2000 f350 with low miles and fix it up, or finance a 2008/9/10 f350 and put it to work asap. I have one payment besides insurance right now and its so nice being mostly debt free, i hate payments, but dont got 25k laying around for a truck. I like my money in the bank!

How do you think your truck holds an insert? Whats the most you have had in it? I think if i get an insert i will either get a truckcraft alumnium insert(for the weight factor to have more payload) or an e-z dumper used online.

Or if i buy used put a aluminum flat bed with a hoist under it.

Too many desisions, Too little money
I would definitely say go with a newer truck. That payment could very well cost you less in the way of downtime, repairs, etc. Honestly the 5.4 isnt awful. its a little underpowered but it still will do everything i have asked to do. before the suspension upgrade the truck sagged a little in the back. after the upgrade (2 additional leaf springs on each side) it holds weight like a champ. I had 3 ton of salt in it the other day for a short time and it seemed to be ok. just a little hard stopping. i have heard that people like the new gas engines in the 11 and 12s. the 6.2 is supposed to make up for the lack of power the 5.4 had. I most likely will get a 6.2 in whatever i get next unless its diesel (Im not on the whole diesel train)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawnMan19 View Post
Yeah, you'll easily make several times mowing with it then selling it.
most definitely!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat 320D LRR View Post
Are you not using that v box spreader you bought?
I am not, mostly for 3 reasons. Weight, the fact that I use a lot of bucketed salt so it would be a pita to climb into there and scoop it out, and because i dont have a place to empty it and it would freeze up all of the time. i am trying to sell it now and next year get a tailgate spreader for the insert

Exmark, Snapper, Ferris, Encore, Billy Goat, Honda, Echo, Stihl, Husky, and Ryan

Old 02-26-2013, 02:56 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

a few pics from a storm which was supposed to be < .5" of snow. we ended up with an isolated 3-6 inches. if you went 2 miles in any direction you would hit a dusting, dry pavement, and around an inch.
Attached Images

Old 02-26-2013, 03:20 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
a few pics from a storm which was supposed to be < .5" of snow. we ended up with an isolated 3-6 inches. if you went 2 miles in any direction you would hit a dusting, dry pavement, and around an inch.
The last storm was like that here, 2 miles closer to the coast and it was raining, 10 miles inland they got 5 inches, we got 15