Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-22-2013, 09:15 PM
LawnSite Member

Can't find exmark part number for mulch kit

I have a turf tracer 48" that I'm trying to get a part number for the mulch kit with baffels and blades. The mower model is THP17KA483

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Old 01-22-2013, 09:30 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Have u tried partstree.com? Either dealer or online probably about $200...
Old 01-23-2013, 08:42 AM
LawnSite Member

I've checked, and am having extreme difficulty fining this item that should be so common and easy to find. If you'd link the item or just tell me an item number, I'd really appreciate the help. I've been looking for a couple days now. My google -fu must be horrible these days. Thanks for the help!
Old 01-23-2013, 08:53 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Looks like part #MK483Q...here's their chart. http://exmark-staging.4w.com/pdfs/mulch.pdf
Old 01-23-2013, 02:39 PM
LawnSite Member

Thank you. The help is very much appreciated.
Old 01-23-2013, 04:56 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

You're welcome. BTW, I have that mower and a mulch kit for it...cuts nice but not very practical for heavy spring growth in my area or wet conditions in general.
Old 01-23-2013, 05:10 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl G View Post
You're welcome. BTW, I have that mower and a mulch kit for it...cuts nice but not very practical for heavy spring growth in my area or wet conditions in general.
I don't understand why you guys just don't use Exmark's Extreme mulching blades and buy an OCDC? Then you can side discharge that heavy spring growth and close it if you have to on other lawns..
Old 01-23-2013, 05:21 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Cuz I don't want to

I just discharge everything and usually double cut at least the front lawn anyway so I essentially am mulching, just not in one pass. If I have a few heavy rows with "hay" on them I can always bag it quick too. Most of my accounts have onsite disposal areas.

I can't see being able to run a closed discharge on most of my lawns without a mulch kit very often, maybe in mid summer. Don't you get a winrow along the discharge side? That's the nice thing about the mulch kits: each blade gets it's own chamber so you get a nice even dispersal of the clippings. I haven't tried the Extreme mulching blades though, just the standard wavy mulchers and Gators.
Old 01-23-2013, 05:34 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl G View Post
Cuz I don't want to

I just discharge everything and usually double cut at least the front lawn anyway so I essentially am mulching, just not in one pass. If I have a few heavy rows with "hay" on them I can always bag it quick too. Most of my accounts have onsite disposal areas.

I can't see being able to run a closed discharge on most of my lawns without a mulch kit very often, maybe in mid summer. Don't you get a winrow along the discharge side? That's the nice thing about the mulch kits: each blade gets it's own chamber so you get a nice even dispersal of the clippings. I haven't tried the Extreme mulching blades though, just the standard wavy mulchers and Gators.
In the spring time yes i will get that winrow you talk about but only on the heavy irrigated/fertilized ones. Then just open the chute up and then discharge that on the second pass. Most of them have to be double cut anyways. It's still better for me to double cut then bag. Some of the ones i got grow like crazy during the spring and would be alot of grass to haul away.. Now these are subdivision lots i got, if they where bigger i wouldn't worry and would just let the clippings fly.The Extreme's are like the gators but they are Exmarks OEM brand. They work really good i think..
Old 01-23-2013, 05:41 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah, most of my accounts are 2+ acre lots of which maybe 1/2 will be turf, and there's usually a place where they dump their yard debris in the woods in the back. I have a few small lots in the beach area that I have to haul clippings from if I bag, but that rarely amounts to more than a couple 60-gallon green barrels full.