Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 01-22-2013, 03:18 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Imprelis problems stills around.

So our local paper decides to run a story on the problems that Imprelis has caused and what companies are trying to do because of it.

Now all of the sudden the phone is blowing up with calls from current, past, and potential customers with questions about it.

If I already had enough to do! (renewals, pre-pays, service calls, plowing......)

http://www.twincities.com/ci_2241550...innesota-trees
Old 01-23-2013, 07:30 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I got a soil sample from a friend and grew tomato plants in the soil from under a dead tree as a test. The tomatoes grew fine.
Old 02-24-2013, 11:20 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RigglePLC View Post
I got a soil sample from a friend and grew tomato plants in the soil from under a dead tree as a test. The tomatoes grew fine.
I know of someone in Ohio who tried planting actual trees (not just flowers or small plants) in the same area that a dead one was removed due to Imprelis. They planted many evergreens and things looked okay for a bit, but as water continued to migrate from the still existing Imprelis from the nearby lawn ( that soil wasn't removed, only immediately around the damaged tree as per DuPont's instructions), they lost all their new plantings again with the same Imprelis side effects showing up. They were angry to say the least, not just because of the loss of money, but also time spent. Seems it may depend on slope of land and how the water migrates on how new plantings may become damaged from any Imprelis residual. Half life is somewhere around 18 years from what I was told. The key for me will be the total removal of all soil, but unfortunately my neighbors land is at a higher elevation and so I was told I probably may not be able to replant for years unless all his lawn is ripped up. My landscape has been drastically altered.
Old 02-24-2013, 05:20 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I had one customer who saw the first 'potential' effects of Imprelis on white pines a year and a half after my one and only Imprelis app on his lawn. That's a long lag (if indeed it was Imprelis that is causing die out, not proven yet).

The article is unnecesary and old news. Also anyone blaming LCO's for killing their trees need to take a 2nd look. I am certain the vast majority of guys applied at label rates and as per label directions. Now their reputations are at stake. DuPont can never compensate enough for that.
21" Toro SR4 Super Recycler
Stihl KM90 Kombi w/ straight shaft trimmer & tiller heads
Husqvarna 125B Blower
PG Magnum
Turfco XT5 Aerator
Turfco LS-22 Overseeder

I can do all things through Him who gives me strength.
Philippians 4:13

Last edited by DA Quality Lawn & YS; 02-24-2013 at 05:26 PM.