Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 01-20-2013, 10:57 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Green Landscaping View Post
I guess that's what I am getting at I wouldn't think the Z style controls would be as great on hills as the ECS If it can replace a WB for the hills and a rider for speed and open spaces it can save you some serious money with its versitility.
Generally speaking a stander will not replace a wb on hills.
Old 01-21-2013, 01:27 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjessen View Post
Generally speaking a stander will not replace a wb on hills.
Bingo. I still laugh at the DVD I received with my grandstand. It shows how the mower can be used in wb mode. What an absolute joke. With 2 seasons and countless hours on this unit, I will say without a doubt that using this mower as a wb is useless. Toro should have never marketed it in that way.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-23-2013, 09:07 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Man i want one so bad.. Looked at a 36 and really liked it. Everything from electric start to the ease of height adjustment. My problem is i never demoed one, i just think i'm to heavy. I'm 6ft 250 lbs and the weight of just the machine alone is i think twice as much as my walk behind without me.. I still don't see how it wouldn't do a wheel stand just sitting there though. A 250 lb guy standing behind the rear wheels, just seems like the front would be extremely light on flat properties let alone anything with an incline...
Old 01-23-2013, 09:20 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by weaver View Post
Man i want one so bad.. Looked at a 36 and really liked it. Everything from electric start to the ease of height adjustment. My problem is i never demoed one, i just think i'm to heavy. I'm 6ft 250 lbs and the weight of just the machine alone is i think twice as much as my walk behind without me.. I still don't see how it wouldn't do a wheel stand just sitting there though. A 250 lb guy standing behind the rear wheels, just seems like the front would be extremely light on flat properties let alone anything with an incline...
I drove one around the dealer. They had a steep area. It seemed to be ok. Wasn't like a wright. I'm 210 lbs or so. I'm sure if I bounced or pulled back on it I could have made it lighter. I'm working on a deal for 2 52" vantages, but could go Scag or deere. Maybe buy nothing.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-23-2013, 09:30 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimslawncareservice View Post
I drove one around the dealer. They had a steep area. It seemed to be ok. Wasn't like a wright. I'm 210 lbs or so. I'm sure if I bounced or pulled back on it I could have made it lighter. I'm working on a deal for 2 52" vantages, but could go Scag or deere. Maybe buy nothing.
Posted via Mobile Device
Ya, see that's what i like also about the vanage is the platform can fold up and now a walkbehind where as the Wright and the V-ride are strictly riders only. But then the more reviews i look at people seem to say there no good in walk mode. So i'm at the point where i just need to go demo one to see if it will work out. For me if i bought one it would replace my walk behind so it would have to work as a walk for hills or a rider for flat.
Old 01-23-2013, 09:37 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by weaver View Post
Ya, see that's what i like also about the vanage is the platform can fold up and now a walkbehind where as the Wright and the V-ride are strictly riders only. But then the more reviews i look at people seem to say there no good in walk mode. So i'm at the point where i just need to go demo one to see if it will work out. For me if i bought one it would replace my walk behind so it would have to work as a walk for hills or a rider for flat.
Demo is the only way to tell. I was dead set on a v ride a couple years back, I demoed it and hated it.
Posted via Mobile Device