Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 01-23-2013, 01:05 PM
LawnSite Member

Sure, I read that post, some good info about consummer vs commercial. I'm leaning towards the commercial just based on the durability of our 21" Toro pro-line honda powered mowers.
Old 01-23-2013, 07:08 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Same here, I think people who bought it kinda knew that it wouldnt hold up, but for $900 it was worth a shot, I think if you are a homeowner with a larger yard it would be perfect and last years. Its the same with residential 21" mowers, sure they cut the grass once a week 30 times a year, but 30 times a day, 5 days a week, not so much. I look forward to getting the commercial version, whether it lasts or not, only time will tell.
Old 01-23-2013, 09:00 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by locallawncare.ca View Post
Same here, I think people who bought it kinda knew that it wouldnt hold up, but for $900 it was worth a shot, I think if you are a homeowner with a larger yard it would be perfect and last years. Its the same with residential 21" mowers, sure they cut the grass once a week 30 times a year, but 30 times a day, 5 days a week, not so much. I look forward to getting the commercial version, whether it lasts or not, only time will tell.
Yeah I see your point. But didn't the LCO in that thread put like 600 hours on his Timemaster? That's more than 30 mows/year.
Old 01-24-2013, 08:28 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Looks like it will be a great mower can't wait to read the reviews here.
Old 01-24-2013, 10:13 AM
LawnSite Member

One of the differences bewteen the t/cutter & turfmaster is the handle on the timecutter can adj straight up 90 degrees vs the t/master is fixed, so if you have an enclosed trailer like we run, the adj handle makes a huge diff.
Old 01-24-2013, 11:23 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I find that for most people a folding handle is more of a gimmick type thing, like if you store it in the garage next to a car or something, 99% of commercial stuff doesnt have it. It usually makes the handle assembly more flimsy. Although my ryan aeartor has one, and toro snowblower, lol, but I never use that feature. I could understand with an enclosed trailer though, depending on the size. But if you need to fold the handle then I think its time for a bigger trailer, but Im sure you know that, or are getting to that point when a bigger trailer is on the horizon.
Old 01-24-2013, 11:39 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by locallawncare.ca View Post
I find that for most people a folding handle is more of a gimmick type thing, like if you store it in the garage next to a car or something, 99% of commercial stuff doesnt have it. It usually makes the handle assembly more flimsy. Although my ryan aeartor has one, and toro snowblower, lol, but I never use that feature. I could understand with an enclosed trailer though, depending on the size. But if you need to fold the handle then I think its time for a bigger trailer, but Im sure you know that, or are getting to that point when a bigger trailer is on the horizon.
We have 16 ft enclosed trailers, x2 48 ztrns & 21" per trailer, and added a timecutter, it wouldn't of fit w/o the flex handle, but it was only a test, the 21" is coming out this season leaving room for the new commercial turfmasters!!!
Old 01-24-2013, 11:53 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Nice. but dont discount the 21", I'd keep it in the back of truck or something, or even build a small platform above where the turfmaster will go to store it, then atleast you got it if you every need it.
Old 01-24-2013, 12:12 PM
LawnSite Member

Ideally it would be best to always have a 21" in the line up, will have to get creative and re-think set ups for certain cutting days.
Old 01-24-2013, 12:21 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah its tough to make one setup, because day to day you might not need everything or use certian peices only a couple days. Wish you the best.