Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 01-23-2013, 04:34 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

might wanna think about downsizing if you are physically able to do the work yourself. alot less to deal with. you make less overall profit but you have less expenses so overall you are making just as much money personally by doing less if that makes sense lol.

that's how it is these days. our grandparents and parents did things the exact same way their whole lives and nothing much ever changed. it was reliable, stable, and gave people security. these days nothing is secure anymore. it changes almost every single day we live. like social security for example. it's not gonna be there when i retire so why count on it? in 30 years who knows what will be going on in this country lol. gotta just take it day by day. i think i'm gonna have to work until i'm 80 or i am just unable to work any longer. i have some retirement but i doubt it will be enough to live on 30 years from now when gas is $25 a gallon and such lol.

Last edited by weeze; 01-23-2013 at 04:38 PM.
Old 01-24-2013, 12:06 PM
LawnSite Member

It's hard to down size at this point. I really just need too dust myself off, dig my heels in and roll forward with a different attitude. I have always said though if I had to I would just downsize rather than go work for someone.