Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-24-2013, 01:30 PM
LawnSite Member

Ironically enough JDW I just ended up buying 2 GrandStands within the past half hour! Sorry! But thanks for the offer!

Best of luck if you're trying to get rid of it. Thanks for checking out the thread to all.
Old 01-24-2013, 01:42 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodaggin View Post
Ironically enough JDW I just ended up buying 2 GrandStands within the past half hour! Sorry! But thanks for the offer!

Best of luck if you're trying to get rid of it. Thanks for checking out the thread to all.
What size decks did you get on your machines? Only asking cause i'm interested in knowing how the 36's do myself.. Thanks..
Old 01-24-2013, 01:46 PM
LawnSite Member

No prob. If you know anyone looking for an exmark just pm me

nick
Old 01-24-2013, 01:49 PM
LawnSite Member

They were 36'' GrandStand's Weaver. Sight-unseen but from a dealer. I haven't even used a stand on mower or a 36''.

I have a lot of small yards, less than a half acre so I need something nimble, but that doesn't tire my guys out by walking. They looked like they fit the bill to prevent scalping with a narrower deck, get in to the big back yards, and to fit sideways on my trailer.

My setup will have 1 GS 36'' and 2 TimeMaster 30'' for my yards. Should be able to cut some serious grass and for me, the small yards are where the money is at when you work out the numbers!

Hope that helps!
Old 01-24-2013, 01:51 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodaggin View Post
They were 36'' GrandStand's Weaver. Sight-unseen but from a dealer. I haven't even used a stand on mower or a 36''.

I have a lot of small yards, less than a half acre so I need something nimble, but that doesn't tire my guys out by walking. They looked like they fit the bill to prevent scalping with a narrower deck, get in to the big back yards, and to fit sideways on my trailer.

My setup will have 1 GS 36'' and 2 TimeMaster 30'' for my yards. Should be able to cut some serious grass and for me, the small yards are where the money is at when you work out the numbers!

Hope that helps!
Well keep everyone informed if you can, cause i really have been thinking of getting a new myself.. How they are , handle and things like that.. Congrats on the mowers also...
Old 01-24-2013, 01:53 PM
LawnSite Member

I'll try to remember to check back here in the Spring. Hit the thread again and I'll put up and demo's or pics or info you want. I know what it is like to try and buy something without having a demo or seeing it in the real world. I'm in Canada, and our dealers don't carry half the products you guys get in the US so I try to do Web research like you are now!
Old 04-05-2013, 02:28 PM
LawnSite Member

So I just pulled the 36" Grandstands out of the storage unit and tried them in the trailer. They fit sideways on my 6 foot wide (68'' interior) trailer no problem. I can get them super snug up to the ramp too, probably 6-8 inches on the initial entry without even trying to shuffle them closer. Very happy about this!

Obviously I haven't used them for mowing and really haven't even driven them but they look like super solid machines compared to the residential model I traded up from. I ran my Residential Zero Turn HARD and it stood up to the beating so I have no worries about these things with heavy steel and the Kawi engine.

I can give you an actual review of them for getting in/out of gates, cutting ability etc if you want, but this was my main concern after buying them sight unseen.
Old 04-05-2013, 03:34 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

i have a 36'' RH stander, it's great for getting in backyards and is really maneuverable. the only thing to watch for on any 36'' stander is rutting, the tires simply aren't wide enough to support the weight. don't mow when its wet and change your pattern often!