Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-22-2013, 08:29 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quickbooks for accounting, and I am currently in the process of switching from QXpress to Hindsite for scheduling. With the Hindsite apps on our phones, we can upload our daily invoices and sales receipts right back to Quickbooks at the office, without having to hand enter them into QB.
Old 01-22-2013, 10:34 AM
LawnSite Member

If only QB had Scheduling software build-in....I have been using Lawn Pro scheduling for 4 years now with QB for accounting and credit card payments. Lawn Pro is simple to use, just print out a list for each day..After reading some of these other posts it seems to be out dated. I would love a mobile app for scheduling it would be much more convenient to just upload invoices from my phone... I will be looking in to that.
Old 01-22-2013, 06:29 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turfdude View Post
Quickbooks and qxpress. Its an older program, but fairly solid & from what I've heard, they will be updating to accommodate i-phones & droids by fall of 2013.
I will believe that when I see it. They haven't updated a thing in a long long time. And yes, I am a long time user.
Greensboro NC
Old 01-22-2013, 06:34 PM
LawnSite Member

I use quickbooks but it's not that user friendly for me. I'd like to find a easier one to use as I can't seem to use it right. I only tend to use it for making invoices and estimates.
Old 01-22-2013, 07:20 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I like gopher pretty good! I just wish it linked up with the bank account and was more inclined as far as income and expenses. But it does a good job the way it id
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-23-2013, 11:35 AM
LawnSite Member

I switcched to real green systems 18 months ago and I have been impressed. At the time I think I was small enough that a transition wouldnt be bad but it had to be a software that I could grow with also. Im glad I did it. it is one of the pricer programs. Looking at seeral posts this is one software that does integrate alot. Scheduling, credit cards, billing, QB Sync, Mobile apps, Client Portal,
And the company does so much more. Right now anytime one of my clients are 40 days past due it alerts and real green has someone from there office mail a reminder. Its one more thing I dont have to worry about.
The thing that gained my interest at the begining was the scan tool. Just like the supermarket when the guys get back at the end of the day they have a route list and next to each customer is a barcode and you simply scan it in and billing is done
Old 01-23-2013, 10:23 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

QB does have a tutorial and a pretty good help function. My problem with QB has always been that if I do screw something up I have a hard time fixing it. You really need to spend some time setting up your accounts properly, entering your items and services. Once you do that estimates and invoices are a snap. I also like the reports in QB pro. I use the accounts receivable one the most. What I don't do is enter in all of my bills from each vendor into it...I just enter what I pay out so I can keep track of expenses. And paying my sales and use tax is a snap too.
Old 01-24-2013, 06:51 PM
LawnSite Member

QB Pro is good. Along with spreadsheets like Excel. Excel is pretty powerful if you know how to use it. There are plenty of excel templates out there that give you a headstart.

Rick
Old 01-24-2013, 06:58 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by exmarkking View Post
Any advise on how well gopher downloads to quickbooks? Is it reliable? How does it work?
Didn't work well for me. Gopher support was pretty much non existent so tweaking the sync was too much work
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-24-2013, 07:15 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

That's what I figured
Posted via Mobile Device

Tags
billing , invoicing , scheduling , software