Register free!

Old 01-23-2013, 01:42 AM
LawnSite Member

Tree injection IPM?

This is a kind of a general question. We've always used foliar apps for our ipm program. But for large accounts coming up we can't reach with a hose what advise do you have? Obviously species and insects make a difference, but just looking for broad spectrum products. I've been advised not to make more than one application per year.

Also how do you price your jobs?

Thanks
Old 01-23-2013, 01:19 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I use Maugets for some insect and disease control on larger specimens or for systemic control which is sometimes necessary. I also use them for nutrients but not all that often as I don't believe they work all that well.

Depending on what I am injecting I charge between 7.50 and 10.00 PER cap. with a 75 dollar minimum or so.
Old 01-24-2013, 04:00 PM
LawnSite Member

That helps. Thanks
Old 01-24-2013, 04:33 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Would adding a 2nd 300 ft hose get you where you need to be? We do that on occasion and we still are good with pressure etc
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-24-2013, 08:34 PM
LawnSite Member

No. Wish I could. this needs to be done by a back pack or injection. So I really can't do a dormant oil app can I if I'm limited to the trunk?

Also what products would you use for nutrients namely, fungicide, and insecticide for a trunk saturation treatment. I know pesticides are out there for this but what about fert.?
Old 01-24-2013, 09:16 PM
LawnSite Member

Merit, common name is imidacloprid, can be used as a soil drench. It will take at least 60 days before control is achieved. Control will generally last a year. Best to use in fall or early spring. Follow the label as the label is the LAW.
Old 01-24-2013, 11:47 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitroman View Post
This is a kind of a general question. We've always used foliar apps for our ipm program. But for large accounts coming up we can't reach with a hose what advise do you have? Obviously species and insects make a difference, but just looking for broad spectrum products. I've been advised not to make more than one application per year.

Also how do you price your jobs?

Thanks
Can you be more specific about what you are treating for and how this fits into an IPM program?

The nation that destroys its soil destroys itself.
Franklin D. Roosevelt
Old 01-25-2013, 01:33 PM
LawnSite Member

Ahh there are some river birch trees, small maples, and a few other species.

Really need pricing guys. 200 to 300 small trees. Pricing gents...pricing. Please
Old 01-25-2013, 01:45 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitroman View Post
Ahh there are some river birch trees, small maples, and a few other species.

Really need pricing guys. 200 to 300 small trees. Pricing gents...pricing. Please
It's like anything else. Figure your costs, and what you want to make on the job but honestly it doesn't sound like the kind of job that requires injection.

Injecting trees is a specialty. It requires experience and some know how.

If you're trying to inject these trees because you are not capable of spraying them with a foliar application then maybe you need to think about other options like subbing it out or getting a sprayer.

No offense but it sounds like you're way out of your league dude.
Old 01-25-2013, 01:54 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadzilla View Post
It's like anything else. Figure your costs, and what you want to make on the job but honestly it doesn't sound like the kind of job that requires injection.

Injecting trees is a specialty. It requires experience and some know how.

If you're trying to inject these trees because you are not capable of spraying them with a foliar application then maybe you need to think about other options like subbing it out or getting a sprayer.

No offense but it sounds like you're way out of your league dude.

None taken. I'm actually vary good at what I do and have been providing IPM for several years. My background and experience is with foliar apps though, hense the thread. Using another avenue to get the product into the tree I've not use before does not put it out of my league.