Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-24-2013, 11:09 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiltslawncare View Post
One quick question. Would it be worth it to buy a bigger trailer so I could get a 60 inch deck? Would a 60 inch deck really save me that much more time?
I will tell you about my experience. I had a new 60" Exmark Next laser Z when they came out in 2009, I also had a 52" Turf Tracer at the same time. I still have the TT and the laser is long gone. I found the TT to be faster on medium and small residentials.
Old 01-24-2013, 11:23 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Snapper Pro, Bobcat or maybe even a Bad Boy (Deck is unproven to me yet). I hope no one will say a used Exmark because the eye in the sky will closed down another thread....

I think Snapper Pro owns this price point, the ICD deck IMO is the best all around deck out there right now. Not starting a brand war here (we all know the sponsors of this site won't allow the truth to be told) but i believe it cuts just as good if not better than Scag, Deere, Husky.

I think you can get a new Snapper Pro fro around 7500 which i think is a steal compared to whats out there.

Good luck, let us know what u get.

IMPEACH OBAMA

Barry is killing our Constitution
Old 01-24-2013, 11:27 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiltslawncare View Post
One quick question. Would it be worth it to buy a bigger trailer so I could get a 60 inch deck? Would a 60 inch deck really save me that much more time?
Yes, but you don't have to have a 60" to really take advantage of a Z's abilities.

If your running right, a 52"/54" will keep up with a 60 all day long, maybe a pass behind at max. Plus your machine is lighter, more nimble which i think allow you to cover a greater swath of properties. No doubt i'm glad i have a 61" Ferris for my larger properties but sometimes i wish i had a 52" for it's agility factor. Either way a larger trailer is always helpful.

IMPEACH OBAMA

Barry is killing our Constitution
Old 01-24-2013, 11:35 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

There appears to be a malfunction on your keypad when you pushed the 9 a 6 came out so it said you were looking for a Zero turn riding mower for $6,500 but since such a thing does not exist it is fairly obvious you meant to type $9,500, now for that kind of money we can talk, otherwise I'd get off the horse and start looking at a pony or a donkey, maybe a mule, maybe.

Now, a used Ztr, that might not be such a bad idea.
Old 01-24-2013, 11:45 PM
LawnSite Member

Best zero turn for $6500?

Look for a demoe unit. I got a z400 toro 48 inch cut 21 hp Kawasaki for 5500. Also might be time of year to find a left over from last year.
Old 01-24-2013, 11:49 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

You might consider going full commercial and financing a portion of the cost. Right now, you can buy many commercial mowers on a 48 month, no interest deal. I'm not advocating taking 4 years to pay for one, but rather than limit yourself to a maximum of $6,500, you could take advantage of low or zero interest and purchase a mower that will last you for years. The time you will likely save by going with a 52 inch full-commercial unit would likely allow you to add at least a couple of yards a week, making it relatively easy to pay off the difference.

By the way, if you have a dealer in your area, you might want to check out Gravely's.
Old 01-24-2013, 11:49 PM
LawnSite Member

@ herler. uuuh no. I dont need to spend 9,000 for what I am doing with my mower. I have used a 3,000 toro mower for the last 4 years cutting 15 lawns weekly no problems. Takes a day and a half
Old 01-24-2013, 11:52 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by herler View Post
There appears to be a malfunction on your keypad when you pushed the 9 a 6 came out so it said you were looking for a Zero turn riding mower for $6,500 but since such a thing does not exist it is fairly obvious you meant to type $9,500, now for that kind of money we can talk, otherwise I'd get off the horse and start looking at a pony or a donkey, maybe a mule, maybe.

Now, a used Ztr, that might not be such a bad idea.
All new, all from dealers just posting mowers on ebay, all well under $9500

Ebay is one of the few places you can find dealer pricing and it was fast to do this search.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-BOB-CAT-...30840220998%26

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2012-HUSQVAR...item231f33ee0d

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2012-Cub-Cad...item1c2e64ee8f

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-2012-CUB...item3cc7ec2a1c

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Snapper-...item2ec58d75f0
Old 01-24-2013, 11:53 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

If paying cash I would look at the market place on here and CL, there are lots of good deals out there.
Old 01-25-2013, 12:21 AM
LawnSite Member

yeah I should have said so in my original post. I will be paying cash. That bobcat looks like a very nice machine. Does anyone own one? Will it lay down nice strips like my toro??