Register free!
Search
 
     

Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 01-24-2013, 06:49 PM
IRRITECH's Avatar
IRRITECH IRRITECH is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: ATLANTA, GA
Posts: 931
Quote:
Originally Posted by cecropia11 View Post
IRRITECH

I am using 1/128 method so I have it calibrated to put out exactly one gallon per 1000 sq ft
At least someone is calibrating a backpack sprayer like they are supposed to.
__________________
The reigning Mayor of Stupidville
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 01-25-2013, 01:49 AM
cpllawncare's Avatar
cpllawncare cpllawncare is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Greenville, SC
Posts: 2,647
So what is the recommended mix for gly in a Stihl SG-20 BP sprayer, 2 oz per gallon? I've been mixing 5oz's per gallon, am I wasting gly? a cheaper alternative for killing fescue in bermuda might be Image.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 01-25-2013, 07:05 AM
Florida Gardener's Avatar
Florida Gardener Florida Gardener is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Humid S. Fl. with sights set on San Diego
Posts: 5,044
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpllawncare View Post
So what is the recommended mix for gly in a Stihl SG-20 BP sprayer, 2 oz per gallon? I've been mixing 5oz's per gallon, am I wasting gly? a cheaper alternative for killing fescue in bermuda might be Image.
I do 2 oz/gal and in the summer I get a 4-7 day chlorosis/kill and in winter about a 7-10 kill. Sometimes I bump the rate up to 3 oz/gal in winter, especially if temps are colder so I can get a quicker kill. Gly is cheap though so adding the extra chemical is nada.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 01-25-2013, 09:12 AM
cpllawncare's Avatar
cpllawncare cpllawncare is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Greenville, SC
Posts: 2,647
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida Gardener View Post
I do 2 oz/gal and in the summer I get a 4-7 day chlorosis/kill and in winter about a 7-10 kill. Sometimes I bump the rate up to 3 oz/gal in winter, especially if temps are colder so I can get a quicker kill. Gly is cheap though so adding the extra chemical is nada.
Posted via Mobile Device
So does a higher mix ratio just mean a faster kill?
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 01-25-2013, 09:44 AM
Florida Gardener's Avatar
Florida Gardener Florida Gardener is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Humid S. Fl. with sights set on San Diego
Posts: 5,044
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpllawncare View Post
So does a higher mix ratio just mean a faster kill?
Yes, but 2 oz/gal with our heat/humidity and long summer and long summer days works fine. Like I said, 3-4 days you get chlorosis and by 6-7 necrosis.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 01-25-2013, 10:00 AM
cpllawncare's Avatar
cpllawncare cpllawncare is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Greenville, SC
Posts: 2,647
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida Gardener View Post
Yes, but 2 oz/gal with our heat/humidity and long summer and long summer days works fine. Like I said, 3-4 days you get chlorosis and by 6-7 necrosis.
Posted via Mobile Device
Cool thanks, I guess since we're a lil further north I'll go to the 3oz ratio.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 01-25-2013, 10:42 AM
Florida Gardener's Avatar
Florida Gardener Florida Gardener is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Humid S. Fl. with sights set on San Diego
Posts: 5,044
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpllawncare View Post
Cool thanks, I guess since we're a lil further north I'll go to the 3oz ratio.
Yea you may want to try 3-4....it's not like an extra ounce cost much anyways, BUT, doesn't mean you need 5 oz either.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:04 PM.

Page generated in 0.07352 seconds with 9 queries