Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-25-2013, 10:44 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

As long as the price is on their and it's very clear you can't really go wrong. It's a numbers game.

The price being on there is an absolute must, though.

F-150
14' landscape trailer
52'' Wright Stander
21'' Personal Pace
Stihl handhelds
Old 01-25-2013, 10:57 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

My thoughts and suggestions for your consideration. In my experience customers want to know who they will be doing business with. A business location is not on the hanger, and a company name is not identified. You say at the end to call "Landscape Design and Maintenance." Is that the name of the company, because when I do a google search in perth amboy, no company comes up by that name. If you do a reverese search on the phone number identified,google identifies the number as a cell phone with no business name associtated with the number.
In addition to the other suggestions forum members made, I would make the hanger so it identifies who the potential customer would be calling, ie local company etc. and the name of the company and location
Old 01-25-2013, 01:27 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreativeLawncareSolutions View Post
As long as the price is on their and it's very clear you can't really go wrong. It's a numbers game.

The price being on there is an absolute must, though.
I don't understand how you can price a service without first knowing what level of service a customer wants. For the mow and go scrubs it is a numbers game, but for those who concentrate on providing exceptional service it's more about level of service than money. The complaints I hear from potential customers looking for a new service isn't typically about their former provider charging too much, it's about them providing lousy service...not being dependable, not returnng phone calls, etc.
Old 01-25-2013, 06:20 PM
LawnSite Member

Thats a valid question. We have some door hangers with a price block and some without. Nicer neighborhoods where we know clients will want more than basic services we put the one without the block. Our flyer is clear that the price is for lawn mowing which includes mowing, edging, weedeating, and blowing. I did once get a call from a lady who expected us to trim hedges for that price as well so make sure the wording is clear on what the price includes. Also be very clear on the phone. In neighborhoods with $30 to $40 yards that are not as nice, we use the price block hangers for sure. We get probably triple the response from those and more of them turn into regulars, plus I dont have to make a second trip out to bid again.
Old 01-26-2013, 05:14 AM
LawnSite Member

ztman thanks for pointing that out I do need to work on some of that stuff but I just did a google search on my phone number and the very first thing that popped up was my fence company then a couple of listings down my fertilizer applicator lisence. I know that LDM isn't going to pop up on google and that's because 1. Company was started just a few months ago and 2. I never actually put it up on search engines. Although I do have an Adwords account set up with it. I also do most of my work up in the union county area not the perth amboy area.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-26-2013, 06:40 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Set Apart Lawn Care View Post
This may not work but I am trying to attatch one of our flyers. It may not be the best out there, but I literally get a couple each week and the customers says they called because my door hanger looked so good. the empty space at the top is where the whole for the door knob is. They are also on thick card stock and about a little bigger than most. If it doesnt attatch Ill try again.
Your doorhanger looks great. If you haven't had them printed yest I would change Lawn mowing includes to Basic Lawn Service: yada...yada...yada
Old 01-26-2013, 06:48 AM
LawnSite Member

I started offering 3 packages:

Basic Special: mow, light trimming and blow walks and drive. $19.95

Platinum: mow, trimming, edging drives and walkways, blow all solid surfaces $39.95

VIP: Mow w/striping, Extensive trimming, Edging of solid edges, tree rings, and ornamental beds, 1/2 hour of weed pulling, blowing all solid surfaces. $ 59.95

This is clients choices and gets them thinking more about their lawns. For the tire kickers...the basic works great, and can usually complete in 20-30 minutes on majority of lawns in our area. Plus this helps to weed out the guy with the pickup, push mower out to make extra money. I have added 32 new clients with this format and 1/2 alwayds choose more than basic service. 2 have become annual contracts at normal rates.
Old 01-26-2013, 08:29 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I offer the three levels of service as well. Gives the client several choices and most go for the best service plan. It's pretty wordy to explain the different levels on a door hanger though.
Old 01-26-2013, 08:32 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl G View Post
I don't understand how you can price a service without first knowing what level of service a customer wants. For the mow and go scrubs it is a numbers game, but for those who concentrate on providing exceptional service it's more about level of service than money. The complaints I hear from potential customers looking for a new service isn't typically about their former provider charging too much, it's about them providing lousy service...not being dependable, not returnng phone calls, etc.
I don't agree the price must be on there. If you feel you must, put services starting at, $___.
Old 01-27-2013, 04:35 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wegomow View Post
I don't agree the price must be on there. If you feel you must, put services starting at, $___.
I do 100% agree. PRICES SELL!!! percentages is like looking at tax papers