Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-25-2013, 09:29 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Is there such a thing as a Kubota BX2000?

I don't yet have a tractor, but I saw one advertised recently. The ad says it's a Kubota BX2000 with a 22 HP engine and FEL for $6000. When I asked for more detail, the owner responded saying it's a 2004 with 1600 hours. I then looked on the web for some more information about that particular machine but couldn't find any. In fact, one Kubota reference that provides a list of all BX tractors up to 2006 doesn't even show a BX2000.
(http://www.kubota.com/priorproduct/bxseries.aspx)
It's about 75 miles from me to go look at it and I haven't driven over there yet, but I suspect it might really be a BX2200.

So I have three questions and hope someone more knowledgeable than me will provide opinions. (1) Did Kubota really manufacture a BX2000? (2) is this a reasonable price for that many hours? (3) What is the typical life expectancy in hours of a 22 HP Kubota engine?
Old 01-25-2013, 11:44 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryF View Post
I don't yet have a tractor, but I saw one advertised recently. The ad says it's a Kubota BX2000 with a 22 HP engine and FEL for $6000. When I asked for more detail, the owner responded saying it's a 2004 with 1600 hours. I then looked on the web for some more information about that particular machine but couldn't find any. In fact, one Kubota reference that provides a list of all BX tractors up to 2006 doesn't even show a BX2000.
(http://www.kubota.com/priorproduct/bxseries.aspx)
It's about 75 miles from me to go look at it and I haven't driven over there yet, but I suspect it might really be a BX2200.

So I have three questions and hope someone more knowledgeable than me will provide opinions. (1) Did Kubota really manufacture a BX2000?
I have a feeling that the owner just messed up and it's actually a BX2230. Have you seen any pictures of it?
Old 01-25-2013, 12:28 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawnMan19 View Post
I have a feeling that the owner just messed up and it's actually a BX2230. Have you seen any pictures of it?
Thanks for the fast response. Photo is attached.
Attached Images

Old 01-30-2013, 10:43 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

There were also smaller BX tractors, like the 1500 and 1800 IIRC. On the hours question, these little Kubota motors will last 5,000 plus hours with no major repairs IF they have been maintained. Some will last much longer. Most owners of these tractors will never come close to wearing a motor out.
Old 01-30-2013, 10:49 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Well, I guess I'm not the only one who has never heard of a Kubota BX2000. So far there's been more than 300 who have visited this thread and none have provided an answer as to whether Kubota ever marketed a BX2000. It occurred to me that this might have been a "gray market" machine; that is, one that was manufactured by Kubota for sale in some other country. I was also hoping for some insight as to whether or not $6000 is a reasonable price for that many hours and what is the typical life expectancy in hours of a 22 HP Kubota engine? Seems to me that this might be a good buy, but I don't want to get involved with having something I can't get parts for. If anyone has an answer to any of my questions, I'd appreciate hearing it.
Old 01-30-2013, 11:39 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

For that price point why not a mini skid Not quite sure what you are trying to achieve with that small of a unit??
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-13-2013, 08:18 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Mystery solved

It looks like it's really a BX2200 after all. At least that's what a newer craigslist ad says. Different ad from before but it's the same picture. But I'm of the opinion that one doesn't really have to own a tractor to advertise one for sale on the Internet. All that seems to be really needed is a photo of a tractor, especially if the price is low, and at $6000, this one might in that category. I don't know that this particular ad is a scam, but it doesn't matter to me any more since I've given up looking for a used one and will be taking delivery at the end of this month of a brand new BX2660. Must be a leftover since the latest is designated BX2670. Both have the same size engine. I guess there must be some cosmetic changes to make the BX2670 cost $1200 more, but I opted for the older model. Salesman said the one I'm getting is still crated and will be assembled this week or next, so that's new enough for me.
Old 02-13-2013, 07:30 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I know there are a lot of diehard kubota guys on here but you might want to take a look at a mahindra if its not too late. Im hopefully going to be buying A 25hp max series in the next few weeks. I was far more impressed with it then the BX or even the B series kubota. The BX looks whimpy in my opinion. The mahindra cost me $4500 less than the 26 hp kubota B series and the dealer is going to pay all of the finance fees. You get get 0% for 72 or 84 months right now through mahindra. Just a thought. Not trying to start a war or anything.
Old 02-14-2013, 11:34 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks for the tip, but a while back I had looked for a Mahindra dealer here in NJ and couldn't find one, so I scratched it off as a consideration. Just checked again and still couldn't find any. But using the Internet, I did find one in Ohio that showed its discounted prices (about 15 percent), and the BX2660 I'm getting will cost less than the least expensive 25HP with a loader on that list. Also, I expect I'll be selling mine in a couple of years when I finish the projects I have in mind, and since there appears to be no dealer support for Mahindra in the state where I live, I think it'll be easier to sell a used Kubota than a used Mahindra.