Go Back   LawnSite.comô - Lawn Care & Landscaping Business Forum, Discuss News & Reviews > Sponsor Forums - Discuss with Sponsors Directly > Lawn Mowing Equipment & Accessories * * * * SPONSOR FORUMS > Hustler Turf Equip
User Name
Password
Home Products Find a Dealer News About Us Contact Us Mark Forums Read

Hustler Turf Equip Lawn Mowers & Turf Care Equipment

Old 11-03-2012, 10:51 PM
LawnSite Member

X-One i

http://www.hustlerturf.com/products/x-one-i.html

Is the X-One i new for 2013? I was thinking about a used X-One but may consider the i instead.

Any idea of MSRP or thoughts on it?

Thanks!
Old 11-04-2012, 05:22 PM
Sponsor

New verse old I always look at the condition of the old and remind myself of the warranty of the new. The X-ONE i uses a new integrated drive system made by Parker.This unit should come in as a promo model finding yourself under $8K. That along with financing that has been available makes buying a used unit tough. But spending $8K on a new machine may not be real easy for all. Look at the shape of the used piece and the price and weigh out the two. There are times buying used makes sense and there are times you need to walk away.

Brian O
Old 11-08-2012, 07:41 PM
LawnSite Member

Thanks Brian. I just found this online about pricing -

"The X-ONEi offers an option between the existing FasTrak SuperDuty (residential) and the current X-One commercial model. It offers new cutting widths of 52 inches and 60 inches. The smaller horsepower engine and some size differences provide a lower-priced alternative to the X-ONE, while still offering a commercial cutter. The X-ONEi also features a new Parker transmission. Excel says the X-ONEi 52-inch model will have an “aggressive” MSRP of $8,870."
Old 11-09-2012, 02:47 PM
Sponsor

As I wrote earlier,"This unit should come in as a promo model finding yourself under $8K. " You are correct on the MSRP, not to be confused with "PROMO" price. Units are being built as I type, first run I hope to have my unit by Thanksgiving.

Brian O
Old 11-17-2012, 10:48 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hustlermidwest View Post
As I wrote earlier,"This unit should come in as a promo model finding yourself under $8K. " You are correct on the MSRP, not to be confused with "PROMO" price. Units are being built as I type, first run I hope to have my unit by Thanksgiving.

Brian O
Thanks Brian. I appreciate it. Might be worth it if I can get one under eight. I'll check it out once I find one.
Old 01-18-2013, 03:58 PM
LawnSite Member

I've seen a couple of them pop up for sale. Looks like asking price is right around $7950. So, you were right on price. Maybe there's some room to negotiate, still.

I haven't tried or seen one in-person. So, if anyone gets a chance to chck one out, please offer your opinions.
Old 01-25-2013, 12:39 PM
Sponsor

The Spring promo prices have been released and the 60" XONEi is coming in at $7499.00. They are in full production and we are getting them down the pipeline. I was hoping to show one at the Eastern Outdoor Sportsman show next week but the show was canceled. Units should be showing up at the dealers in the north very soon if not already. My only fear of this unit is running out of them.

Brian O
Old 02-07-2013, 07:03 PM
LawnSite Member

I have a couple of questions about the X1i.
Is there any other differences besides HP, Deck, Fuel tanks capacity & Drive units?

What are the differences between the vx4 deck & X1i?

Where are they losing 200 LBS in the Deck?

The Parker drive units, are they proven? Looks like from the Parker web sight the first fluid change is 750 hrs which is also the warranty life of the unit. What is the life span of these compared to the z3100 or separate pump & wheel set up on the X1?

Don't get me wrong I think the price point is great! I just need to know if it is worth buying for me or if I need to step up to the X1! Thanks for the help it is very much appreciated!
Old 02-08-2013, 09:35 AM
Sponsor

Both units frames are constructed with the same stock steel with the same lifetime warranty. The X1i is a couple of inches shorter. The VX4 deck has a different grass flow design and requires more steel because of it's physical size. Both decks constructed of the same steel and have the same lifetime warranty. The Parker drive is similar to the ZT3100 in design and has a warranty of 2 year 1200 hour for the commercial user or a 5 year 500 hour for the residential user,not sure where you got the 750hrs. The integrated drive systems have come a long way in the past 5 years. Is it better than the separate pump and wheel motor? That's a question of old school vs new school. 5 years ago that was an easy question to answer, but with the advancements of the integrated systems with their light weight, compact design and durability in not too sure anymore. I'm always mindful of the cooling in a hydro drive system. This new Parker is wide open with plenty of ventilation. Heat is your enemy in the hydro world.

With a smaller physical deck, shorter frame, lighter weight drive system, smaller engine, these all add up to about 200lbs lighter footprint.
Hope this helps,
Brian O
Old 02-08-2013, 10:18 AM
LawnSite Member

The 750 hrs came from Parker web sight. I didn't think Hustler would have the same warranty. When will the promo pricing be over?

Thanks for the help! Looks like hustler has made another great product! I will have to go for a test mow.