Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-25-2013, 10:52 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Postcard or Letter to Management and Builders?

Hey Guys,
Was wondering what you would send or drop off to property management comapanies and home builders. Would you send a postcard or a letter with a list of services and a small company bio. Trying to get some advertising together to get out to these type of people. My company does full landscape maintenance as well as landscape design and construction and I carry a degree in landscape architecture. I figured I might be able to get some work from custom home builders when it comes down to the landscape aspect of projects. What are your thoughts.
Ryan
48" Great Dane Surfer
48" Walker GHS
Stihl Handhelds
Old 01-25-2013, 11:15 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Im in the process of doing the same, except trying to pick up the lot clearing, bushhogging, grading work. I was going to do a postcard but others have suggested a formal letter since you want it to go directly to them.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-25-2013, 06:36 PM
LawnSite Member

I imagine these business get heaps of postcards and letters. It could be worth investing time into something a little unique so you get remembered.

For example, maybe you could deliver a pot plant with a little sign on a stick in it, directly to the decision maker (who you need to know the name of). They get to keep the pot plant; it becomes a talking point in the office; and you can still communicate your value proposition & contact details via the little sign.
Old 01-25-2013, 09:15 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor of Mow Town View Post
I imagine these business get heaps of postcards and letters. It could be worth investing time into something a little unique so you get remembered.

For example, maybe you could deliver a pot plant with a little sign on a stick in it, directly to the decision maker (who you need to know the name of). They get to keep the pot plant; it becomes a talking point in the office; and you can still communicate your value proposition & contact details via the little sign.
Very clever, Mayor of Mow Town - I like it.