Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 01-26-2013, 08:28 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Oh, I've got another one. I had a lady get upset that I blew all the acorns off her lawn when I did her fall cleanup. I was supposed to leave them for the deer and squirrels, but she hadn't said a word about that up front. Mind you this was a property surrounded by woods and the cleanup consisted of blowing everything to the woods...the acorns were still there. She was bizzare to deal with the whole season and I declined to service her lawn the next season.
Old 01-26-2013, 08:32 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a very long term customer. She had a clump of Sego palms that have never been cleaned up before. I decided to clean them up free of charge being she was a long term customer and always paid on time.

Got it looking beautiful! I get a call later that evening from her, thinking it was her calling to thank me. Boy, was I wrong, she laid into me, I was dumb founded!

I still maintain her lawn but I have learned not to touch a thing in that yard other than the basics. lol When I hire new help, I make sure to tell them not to do a single extra thing in this one unless I tell you too. :-)
Old 01-26-2013, 08:35 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl G View Post
Oh, I've got another one. I had a lady get upset that I blew all the acorns off her lawn when I did her fall cleanup. I was supposed to leave them for the deer and squirrels, but she hadn't said a word about that up front. Mind you this was a property surrounded by woods and the cleanup consisted of blowing everything to the woods...the acorns were still there. She was bizzare to deal with the whole season and I declined to service her lawn the next season.
Reminds me of one of my current clients. Sometime last year, she had birds nesting in a reef on her front door. She told me not to blow off the porch, and especially don't pick up any twigs that were on the porch because the birds would be needing them for their nest.
Old 01-26-2013, 08:36 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah...and I'm sure they wouldn't be able to find any sticks anywhere else
Old 01-26-2013, 08:40 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Haha, I know... Nevermind the 2 massive trees in the front yard that constantly have twigs dropping off onto the lawn.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-26-2013, 08:40 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zechstoker View Post
Reminds me of one of my current clients. Sometime last year, she had birds nesting in a reef on her front door. She told me not to blow off the porch, and especially don't pick up any twigs that were on the porch because the birds would be needing them for their nest.
lol Been there too, forgot about that one. lol
Old 01-26-2013, 10:02 PM
LawnSite Member

A few years ago I had a long term customer who unfortunatly passed away :-( tell me to make sure i dont mow a section of his back yard that he liked to call his "baby grass". it was basically a shady area where grass never grew. it still hasnt grew to this day haha
Old 01-26-2013, 10:32 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Been asked numerous times to kill the neighbors tree so that the client wouldn't have leaves on their lawn.

2005- Completion of University of Illinois Master Gardner's Program.
Old 01-26-2013, 10:53 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

these are too hilarious

Visit Our Website
http://www.sticklelm.com

"Landscapes that stick out."
Old 01-26-2013, 11:41 PM
LawnSite Member

I have an interesting one. I have an older couple those lawn I cut. I also do some odd jobs for them just for some extra money. They had a sink hole in their drive way that I fixed for them. I also brought a friend who works for the county road department along just to make sure it was done right. I seal coated it and what not and came out really good. I got a call from the lady and said that her son wanted to talk to me about the job. Being not too far away at the time, I swung by. I had a half hour conversation with him explaining to him why I wouldn't be able to make the patch look original, like he didn't want to see the line. He insisted I could be done, being a professional floor installer, he just knew it. But the best part had to be when he looked me straight in the eye and said "yeah, I want the house to look great so when my parents die in a few years and I get the house, its all good". I just turned and walked away.
36" Bobcat
46" JRCO Thatcher
JRCO Aerator
Echo handhelds
Red Max Backpack
Sthil saws