Register free!
Search
 
     

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-26-2013, 04:06 PM
AWJ Services AWJ Services is offline
LawnSite Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Ga
Posts: 4,136
Takeuchi Battery size

Does anyone no what size battery is in a TL140?

16 inches long, 8 inches tall, 7 inches wide. Approxmiatley
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-26-2013, 09:22 PM
muddywater muddywater is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,813
Have you checked the water? Mine got low and i refilled and it worked for a while lomger.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-27-2013, 02:06 AM
turboawd turboawd is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: midwest
Posts: 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by muddywater View Post
Have you checked the water? Mine got low and i refilled and it worked for a while lomger.
not sure why takeuchi has theses batteries with the water ports.
i ended up just going to an interstate battery store and getting a sealed battery of similar size.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-27-2013, 10:18 AM
AWJ Services AWJ Services is offline
LawnSite Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Ga
Posts: 4,136
Quote:
Originally Posted by muddywater View Post
Have you checked the water? Mine got low and i refilled and it worked for a while lomger.
Yes for the third time.LOL That sucker is like the energizer bunny. It is a 2006 model and still the original battery.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-27-2013, 10:20 AM
AWJ Services AWJ Services is offline
LawnSite Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Ga
Posts: 4,136
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboawd View Post
not sure why takeuchi has theses batteries with the water ports.
i ended up just going to an interstate battery store and getting a sealed battery of similar size.
I was going to do that Monday but the battery place is 40 miles away and I was hoping too know what size it was too make sure they did not give me the wrong battery
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-27-2013, 10:41 AM
KTM KTM is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 470
I replaced mine with a interstate that the local CASE AG dealer had in stock. The parts guy remembered selling the model to a guy with a few Gehl CTL70's. I wanted the TK replacement but it was big$$$. I can get you the model# but won't be back around my machine until Tuesday. I did find out one thing with replacing the battery on mine, you have to tighten the negtive cable extremely tight.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-27-2013, 01:15 PM
Dirtman2007's Avatar
Dirtman2007 Dirtman2007 is offline
LawnSite Platinum Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 4,271
have fun getting the SOB out. That was a royal pain my in 150
__________________
Chris

"Life is like running a motor grader. You have to look down the road and plan for whats ahead and not down at your feet!"


http://www.youtube.com/user/letsdig18


New facebook fan page
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Letsdi...3541611?v=wall

Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-27-2013, 04:35 PM
AWJ Services AWJ Services is offline
LawnSite Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Ga
Posts: 4,136
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtman2007 View Post
have fun getting the SOB out. That was a royal pain my in 150
I took it out yesterday and it was fun.LOL
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-27-2013, 04:37 PM
AWJ Services AWJ Services is offline
LawnSite Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Ga
Posts: 4,136
Quote:
Originally Posted by KTM View Post
I replaced mine with a interstate that the local CASE AG dealer had in stock. The parts guy remembered selling the model to a guy with a few Gehl CTL70's. I wanted the TK replacement but it was big$$$. I can get you the model# but won't be back around my machine until Tuesday. I did find out one thing with replacing the battery on mine, you have to tighten the negtive cable extremely tight.
I actually just took the bolt off the negative cable where it fastens too the chassis and left it on the post.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:06 AM.

Page generated in 0.07415 seconds with 9 queries