Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-27-2013, 10:05 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJCuttingEdge View Post
How much does something like that set ya back
Hey CJ, I dumped $60K into it but it was worth every penny. The builder said that he lost money on it since he quoted me the price up front and I believe him. I had I fellow out of NY come and look at it and then had one built for himself and he said it cost over $80K for a 12" dump version without having the van body and ramp. I know of several versions of the truck that were built before the manufacture stop making them and all of the owners are happy with them. Since we have been mulching everything lately I will be selling this truck soon. I'm looking to get $27,500.00 for it if anyone is interested. PM me if anyone would like more info.
Old 01-28-2013, 04:09 PM
LawnSite Member

Over here we just drive the walker on a dump trailer.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-28-2013, 04:24 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joemower View Post
Hey CJ, I dumped $60K into it but it was worth every penny. The builder said that he lost money on it since he quoted me the price up front and I believe him. I had I fellow out of NY come and look at it and then had one built for himself and he said it cost over $80K for a 12" dump version without having the van body and ramp. I know of several versions of the truck that were built before the manufacture stop making them and all of the owners are happy with them. Since we have been mulching everything lately I will be selling this truck soon. I'm looking to get $27,500.00 for it if anyone is interested. PM me if anyone would like more info.
Any recent pictures of the truck? What type of mileage do you get?
Old 01-28-2013, 05:58 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJCuttingEdge View Post
Any recent pictures of the truck? What type of mileage do you get?
CJ- I do have some recent pics of the truck. I tried to upload them but I keep getting a security error message and they won't up load. If you want I can PM you my email and you can respond with yours so I can just email them to you.

I never tracked the MPG's on it. If I had to guess a would say about 13 mpg. It didn't seem as bad as a gas F250 pulling a trailer but certainly not a Honda... For what the truck did for us it seemed pretty economical in the whole big picture. It's still a great running truck. If I were still bagging and growing my company I would certainly try to build another. Almost thirty years in the biz and I'm slowing down and trying to plan for my exit...
Old 01-29-2013, 04:25 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLC LAWN View Post
Made a ramp out of 2x8's works great... I have now adapted it to my pickup with dump insert
That ramp looks scary if it's wet out.
Old 01-30-2013, 10:39 PM
LawnSite Member

Interested in the truck seeing as we pretty much have to bag everything around here... If you wouldn't mind PMing me with some pics that would be awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joemower View Post
CJ- I do have some recent pics of the truck. I tried to upload them but I keep getting a security error message and they won't up load. If you want I can PM you my email and you can respond with yours so I can just email them to you.

I never tracked the MPG's on it. If I had to guess a would say about 13 mpg. It didn't seem as bad as a gas F250 pulling a trailer but certainly not a Honda... For what the truck did for us it seemed pretty economical in the whole big picture. It's still a great running truck. If I were still bagging and growing my company I would certainly try to build another. Almost thirty years in the biz and I'm slowing down and trying to plan for my exit...
Old 01-31-2013, 11:00 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdlawncare View Post
Interested in the truck seeing as we pretty much have to bag everything around here... If you wouldn't mind PMing me with some pics that would be awesome.
He BD thanks for your interest in my truck. I will have to send you some pics tomorrow for today is my wife & I's anniversary and she just ain't going to give me time today... My email is duaneculbert@comcast.net if you can send me yours I will try to get some pics and info to you tomorrow.

Thanks,
Duane (aka joemower)
Old 02-06-2013, 02:24 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Wow, great thread guys! And great truck JoewMower! I am currently in New York but moved up from Boston and some of the bigger companies were starting to use those recently... Does the rear have a large ramp that pulls down? These set ups are great lawn maintenence machines! KLC..... I think that set up is awesome too! Ingenuity! Someone mentioned rain..... Take some skateboard grip tape(black magic is the best) to those boards and that won't be an issue at all.... As for dumping the walker......... I have always held myself to pretty high standards with quality and speed... My former Boss and I came up with the 1, 2, 1.... This is a very simple way to dump the walker.... (1) full walker hopper, put into (2) big green landscaping barrells, in under (1) minute. Heave Ho! and the barrells go right into the dump truck.... I know, I know, work smarter not harder.... But if you can perfect the 1,2,1 you will surely save time and maybe impress your boss while you are at it!
Old 02-06-2013, 06:33 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

How are you dumping your walker mower?

You know guy, a few years ago I saw a photo of a guy who has a trailer gate at the front of the trailer. It looked like a killer idea. I haven't seen it since.

Point being, if you make a custom gate in front like the ones in back used for loading equipment you should be able to drive right into the dump truck. It would be safer and take up less room.
Old 02-06-2013, 10:11 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ticolawnllc View Post
You know guy, a few years ago I saw a photo of a guy who has a trailer gate at the front of the trailer. It looked like a killer idea. I haven't seen it since.

Point being, if you make a custom gate in front like the ones in back used for loading equipment you should be able to drive right into the dump truck. It would be safer and take up less room.
I had this setup a few years ago but have since sold both the truck and the trailer, it did what it was supposed to do... It needed some fine tuning to work out the kinks.

I currently went back to dumping in a tarp and lifting into truck.
Attached Images

Last edited by CJCuttingEdge; 02-06-2013 at 10:16 AM.

Tags
dumping , ramps , trailer , walker