Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 01-24-2013, 11:04 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

You will like the tablets and be prepared to make a significant amount more in profits from your service department. We spent the better part of last winter learning HS after using it for 4 years at about 50% of its capability.

I know some people using paper will disagree and I hope they are all my competition

A couple of the service techs lagged and fought us with using HS, but once the others that loved it began to hammer the lack of info entered if forced them to step up. It was so obvious who was working per company policy and not.

Our entire service department doubled in 2 years without adding office staff, we increased profits over 35%, and virtually eliminated the amount of services we had any "real" disputes. Customers will always complain, yet when you can provide an actual work order showing their times to the minute, it really made a difference when it came to customers trying to "negotiate" their bills.

Good luck and if you end up needing a Laptop for a manager or tech that runs Rainbird IQ or TUCOR remote monitoring, use the Verizon 4G MiFi. Excellent internet service with none of the problems found with the built in modems.
Old 01-24-2013, 11:18 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I forgot to mention....

The easiest time of year for us now for billing is winterizations since we bill per station.

HS set it up so once the amount of stations is entered once in the customers contact info all that the tech needs to do is verify, add any new stations if applicable, and anything under our minimum charge is automatically charged that rate.

We have 99% of our customer list billing done via e-mail, so it was a matter of maybe 10 mouse clicks to send 50 - 70 invoices out per day.
Old 01-27-2013, 10:09 AM
LawnSite Member

We are currently using Appointment plus 3 season. 75% of customers book their own appointments based on are scheduling for their town. Not having true office staff other than me, call fowarding to my cell phone during office hours. HS will'nt sync with AP so I will have to pickup the phone 75% more if I leave AP. Having a support call with AP tomorrow to help with modifing customer info / system info and pricing parts etc. Looking @ adding devices not sure Apple or Driod any thoughts?
Old 01-27-2013, 10:17 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by h20 View Post
We are currently using Appointment plus 3 season. 75% of customers book their own appointments based on are scheduling for their town. Not having true office staff other than me, call fowarding to my cell phone during office hours. HS will'nt sync with AP so I will have to pickup the phone 75% more if I leave AP. Having a support call with AP tomorrow to help with modifing customer info / system info and pricing parts etc. Looking @ adding devices not sure Apple or Driod any thoughts?
How do customers schedule themselves in an efficient manner? With the way systems are set up here, we need access to the basement and garage the majority of the time. POC is usually in the basement at the water meter, and controllers are rarely exterior here. So we need access to the house, and need the customer to be there, which means somewhat tight schedules.
Old 01-27-2013, 10:54 AM
LawnSite Member

Customers are scheduled by towns and certain days. Most customer are on site of grant us access to property.
Old 01-27-2013, 11:24 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by h20 View Post
Customers are scheduled by towns and certain days. Most customer are on site of grant us access to property.
Do they get a very large window of time then for you to show up? I'm just thinking if customer A schedules for 8:00 AM on Elm St, then customer B schedules for Oak Ln 10 miles away at 10:00, then customer C schedules for Elm St again at 3:00, you can do a lot of back and forth driving.
Old 01-27-2013, 11:46 AM
LawnSite Member

Yes that is the trouble we are having. Customers have 1hr window giving us 15 before of after arrival.